FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Hi Bidmaron, I'm also not dismissing your views. This is just another view point. Regular forum users see these posts a few times a week. That really isn't that many in the scheme of things. My guess would be that most users never unpack a ruleset, many probably never even load an extension. So while it might be a good thing it might just not be affecting enough people that it gets to the to of anyone's list. From my end I'm almost always running an unpacked ruleset do I would just be clicking OK in the alert and I would still go thru the troubleshooting process, slap myself on the head and delete and unpack again until the next time it happened.

Another good suggestion is to have some sort of extension compatability/approval checking but that creates a burden on dungeon to keep that system maintained and still might not detect when someone mods an extension or ruleset.

The biggest technical issue for me is the NAT challenges that many people have and it can't be solved with the current engine.

We all have different pain points so it's only natural we are not always going to agree.

Hey, damned, I'm right there with you. It is up to SW to determine the best use of scarce resources. I just hope guys don't attack someone with a suggestion as has happened in the past. Perfectly fine to point out that there are valid reasons NOT to do what someone recommends or that it is simply too hard to make it worth the while or that it doesn't fit SW priorities right now.

In most cases, I float things here to see what reaction is before I put it into the wish list.

I was just responding because Nickademus mentioned something that would cut down on the support necessary, and I chimed in with another one. It has been several weeks since a push, but you will find after nearly every release, there are several cases of folks with unpacked rulesets that require assistance on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Hhhmmm, all of those image names in the errors in post #1 aren't from player modules, they're from Volo's Guide to Monsters. And you said that you were getting errors like these when players opened modules - so I guessed that you had at least Volo's guide to Monsters shared. If you have, then it needs to be unshared and the players need to clear their cache.
    Well that's the weird thing, because Volo's Guide (Players module) was shared, but the DM module wasn't shared. I'm not sure if the images are from the players' module or the DM's module... in any case, we cleared our caches, and for now the errors aren't coming back.

I also noticed that every time I added a custom image to the images folder, it was automatically shared, so I had to manually unshare those. I think part of the problem may have been having lots of custom images suddenly sharing to the players after I added a large number of battle maps.

Last weekend nobody complained about errors though, so here's hoping that clearing the caches did the trick...

Thread Information