5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Can't figure out how to start campaign

I'm sure that I'm missing something simple, but I've checked the FAQ and am baffled.

First time user, I bought FG, 5e Char pack, and the Hoard of the DQ, through Steam.

If I start a campaign, check the HotDQ extension, and hit start, I'm taken to a campaign with no notes, maps, etc.

The fact that the extension exists now, tells me that my purchase went through...

Did I mess up my install, or am I starting the campaign wrong? Halp!

Hi curtaial welcome to FG.

You need to activate your module (Hoard of the Dragon Queen). To do so click on the big Library button and then on the small modules button. Find HotDQ in the list that opens up and double click it or hold the left mouse and drag the book icon to he left to open it.. You will now see all of the story entries in the story window (big story button on the right) and all the NPCs, encounters etc. also from the big buttons on the right.

The tick that you put against HotDQ when you started the campaign enables the HotDQ extension which are decals pertaining to that module. You can access those by clicking on the small options button (cog icon top right) and find the options for Decals. Clcik through those to see the various decals available.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi, curtial, and welcome to the Fantasy Grounds community!

I think what is happening is you are turning on the decal extension (background images related to HotDQ). As long as you are picking 5e for your ruleset you only then need to enable the modules in your library for everything to show up. You also have to set which modules the players can see. The following page should have the details you need:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library

Specifically look at Module Activation and Module Availability.

If you have any more questions just ask, everyone is pretty good around here at helping out when they can.

Happy gaming!

Thank you both! That sorted it right out. I knew it was something simple.

Blog Entries
    Yes the manual will be useful.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information