FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Not a valid Win32 application

Hello,

I had troubles with the previous update, but i could deal with it. Today, i tried to update to the current release. It seemed to be good, but now i just can't launch FG. It says Not a valid Win32 application...

How can i use / reinstall / repair my Fantasy Ground application ?

Many thanks.

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Not that i know of. I'm pretty sure that i don't

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey Maspalio, what anti-virus do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I just reinstalled. Thought it did the trick, but at the end of install, the launcher can't restart FG. Error 193. I had this error for a long time but could launch the programm. Since the last patch, it'i absolutely broken and do'nt even want to run the programm : "not a valid Win32 application".

And i don't have AVG installed.

Here is the error window i get at the end of update : Attachment 18601

This usually means that the FantasyGrounds.exe executable has been quarantined by some security software. This can happen from time to time as a false positive in some security software, because the FG software is self-updating.

You will need to determine if your virus protection software (whether AVG or otherwise) has quarantined the executable, and add an exception. Please provide any details on which security software you are using, and the details of the warning message, so I can submit to the security company.

Thanks,
    JPG

I have an older Dell laptop with Windows XP that I use to connect to my games (for various reasons). There is NO antivirus software on it at all. Either way, this new 3.3.0 will not run. I get the "... not a valid Win32 application" every time. For some reason the uninstall tool refuses to uninstall Fantasy Grounds. On a fresh install it also throws out an error 193. It is NOT an AVG issue and I did use the link listed above. Something is definitely different about 3.3.0.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

Blog Entries
    In your case it might be an issue with XP. I have FG on 3 different computers, and they all updated with no issues. One of them is running in test mode while I rebuild my Rome theme.
    Ultimate License Holder

Hmm, we were forced to upgrade our dev tools on the last round. Based on what you are seeing, I did some research, and the MS development tools no longer build for Windows XP at this point. Given that Windows XP is 16 years old, I think we may have to increase the requirements.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information