DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    It is in the "Other" tab of a character class sheet and is clearly used by the ruleset.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

I took JPG's advice and am entering Races and Classes (complete with all text) and I think I have them functioning. I've completed the Core Rulebook races and almost done the classes. Was just working on Ranger.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    With regard to Class Features, the numbered box is (presumably) an indicator of the level when that particular Class Feature is earned. I would assume this only works if you properly drag the class onto the character sheet each time you level.

Question 1: For class features that exist for all members of that class, do you simply set this to a 1?
    Question 2: What does the default value of '0' do in that box? Is this appropriate to use for Class Features that are selected like Barbarian Rage Powers?
    Question 3: Class Skills is a free form textbox above Features. Is this parsed using the standard OGL formatting similar to 'Weapon and Armor Proficiency'?
    We did optional or selectable abilities a little differently since it didn't make sense for us to list every single cleric domain, bloodline + power, rage power, etc. in the class level ability list. We have those set up as special abilities you can drag over separately and just have a basic option like "Barbarian Rage Power" as the class ability. Hopefully we will be able to release soon so we can just show you what it all looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We did optional or selectable abilities a little differently since it didn't make sense for us to list every single cleric domain, bloodline + power, rage power, etc. in the class level ability list.
    Like this, you mean? I've only got three classes left to add.
    Attachment 18586

Blog Entries
    Attachment 18586
    Yep. We decided not to add those in because it will clutter the character sheet with every one of those domains when you use the drag and drop character creation and leveling and then the player has to delete all the excess ones.

Interesting. I'd really rather have yours to work with; but then, it's probably going to be encrypted, right (or will just the ruleset be encrypted and not the data modules?). In any case, the reason why I was asking about a zero value is it doesn't appear to land on the character sheet when the class is dragged to it. So then it seemed to make sense to me to set them all to zeros so you can manually add them to the character sheet when the player selects them.

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza
    Question 1: For class features that exist for all members of that class, do you simply set this to a 1?
    Question 2: What does the default value of '0' do in that box? Is this appropriate to use for Class Features that are selected like Barbarian Rage Powers?
    Question 3: Class Skills is a free form textbox above Features. Is this parsed using the standard OGL formatting similar to 'Weapon and Armor Proficiency'?
    1. Yes, if you set to class ability level field to 1, then this data will be added when the first level is added to the PC.
    2. Any value less than 1, including zero, will never be added automatically. As Doug mentioned, we do not store the extra abilities there in our version, but just include them in the class text as links.
    3. Yes. (Ex: (Barbarian) = "Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str)"

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Yep. We decided not to add those in because it will clutter the character sheet with every one of those domains when you use the drag and drop character creation and leveling and then the player has to delete all the excess ones.
    This was addressed in the Unearthed Arcana thread. If you set the level of the subfeature (or subability, ability choice, etc.) to zero, it would add to the character sheet when drag-and-drop leveling. Then you can link the subabilities in the main ability where the player can drag which choice they choose to their ability section.

Not the tidiest of designs, but there are no tidy designs with the architecture you are using. At least this way players don't have to do as much typing.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Attachment 18586
    Did you finish this, swbuza? If so, would you be prepared to share the module with the community? Presumably all the content is from the SRD, and thus okay to share?

I did not. I worked through some of it, but in the end, I simply bought the Pathfinder Core Rules. Smiteworks has done a fabulous job with it, and I didn't feel the need to replicate it.

Thread Information