DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 70 of 70 First ... 2060686970
    Celestian did them when he first released the community version and I suspect he has more than enough on his plate with supporting the 2e set and all the new material he has planned. Saying that I had a look at the original classes module and the races module and I think it's not to difficult to update them to provide a bit more functionality. I will make no promises but when I finish my next project i will see if I can update the Races module

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Celestian did them when he first released the community version and I suspect he has more than enough on his plate with supporting the 2e set and all the new material he has planned. Saying that I had a look at the original classes module and the races module and I think it's not to difficult to update them to provide a bit more functionality. I will make no promises but when I finish my next project i will see if I can update the Races module
    Celestian did some of the modules, but ones I was mentioning were done by Jfos.

those were written for a much earlier and entirely different OSRIC rule-set I believe

[QUOTE=Gozer the Gozerian]

Quote Originally Posted by celestian
    Additional extensions and modules for use with AD&D Core Ruleset.

Here are some OSRIC community build mods that you might find useful.

I'm trying to use these OSRIC modules with the current 2e ruleset, but it appears they need some updating to work properly. Does anyone know who did them, and would they be open to updating them?
    =P Im underwater at work and never noticed this post until now, but what updates were you interested in?
    Last edited by jfos; November 16th, 2019 at 01:32.

To be honest, I have dropped the idea of running an OSRIC campaign, and so I've forgotten a lot of what kind of updates were needed. I seem to remember having to go in and adjust all of the THACO information manually to make them work. I wanted to use the 1e To-Hit tables, which don't exactly line up with THACO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozer the Gozerian View Post
    To be honest, I have dropped the idea of running an OSRIC campaign, and so I've forgotten a lot of what kind of updates were needed. I seem to remember having to go in and adjust all of the THACO information manually to make them work. I wanted to use the 1e To-Hit tables, which don't exactly line up with THACO.
    Ahh yeah, its a different ruleset, it BARELY works with 1e, as for 2e its an extension beyond design capability(I was toying with creating some content to give to the world and didnt want a lawyer tellin me "no". So, I made these as a "riff on what Celestian was doing" using his tools). I dont mind (I cant mind, its OSRIC.. do what ya like!! Although, OSRIC is OSRIC, it isnt really D&D of any version, its a SMASH of a few versions... Thats the point!), use those for a basis and resubmit for 2e to the community at large. Ive never in muh life played 2e, so Im not much of a resource there. Good luck!
    Last edited by jfos; November 16th, 2019 at 01:35.

As of the date of this post, what are the steps to properly get 1e downloaded,updated,working? I am somewhat confused.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Souhleris View Post
    As of the date of this post, what are the steps to properly get 1e downloaded,updated,working? I am somewhat confused.
    As of the date of this post you should use the 2E ruleset that comes with Fantasy Grounds.
    You should use this extension https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...e-1e-Extention

To use them together you create a New Campaign, choose the 2E ruleset and then select the 1E Extension.

You will find that most of the official content eg Players Handbook, Monster Manual and Dungeon Masters Guide, as well as all the Classic Adventures will work mostly in conjunction with this.

Blog Entries
    With the licensing of AD&D 2E from WoTC this project has reached it's conclusion. I'll be happy to continue to answer questions and help out as I can for the old AD&D Core but if you'd like to see what we're doing currently you can find the AD&D ruleset and content thread here.

The PAK file has been removed from Post#1. Use the included 2E ruleset going forward. Other uploads by Celestian in this thread are still valid.

Thread Information