STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Campaign Game Statistics

What are your thoughts on having a semi-automated way to build and display game statistics for each of your campaigns?

Background
    I've considered building something like this for quite some time and one of the recent discussions about dice rolling high or low for players prompted me to build out at least part of it. My thinking centered around having the capacity to point a tool to a campaign folder, have it extract all this information from the chatlog and also player data, images and other campaign information from your campaign files to post into a nice looking campaign portal online. In order to flush this out more fully, we'd have to invest some additional development time and that would most likely mean some form of cost.

1. Would this be the sort of feature you'd be willing to pay an annual subscription for?
    2. Would doing something like $10 every 6 months be reasonable?

This is something that would fall to me for development, so it wouldn't impact FGU.

It currently supports 5E but should be able to work for other d20 based campaigns with minor tweaks. Supporting other rulesets would require additional development but should be possible.

Here is a link to our weekly D&D Storm King's Thunder statistics:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ts.php?id=2499

If you already have a campaign record set up in the game calendar section here on the forums, it is for a 5E game and you are one of the first 3 people to upload your chatlog.html file and provide me a link to your campaign, I will set up your campaign as well and give you a link. If you have a non-5E game, you can upload your chatlog.html as a zipped file here too and I might be able to run that through my script as well -- but no promises.

This looks awesome ddavison!

Question, I have my campaign on the Game Calendar ( https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2503 ) but I'd like to not put the connection info there as my game is full, not recruiting, and playing with friends at the moment. (We've been going for several months now, we just dont really use the Game Calendar here for tracking, we have our own Discord server) How else could I go about sending you a link to my campaign/chatlog? Would private message be ok?

Edit: Never mind, I see it doesnt show the connection stuff even after I turned on the "Accepting Players" option. Heh. I'm silly.
    Well I suppose I'll just add to this post the chatlog you asked for, and hope :P
    Last edited by Remedeez; April 13th, 2017 at 17:28.
    Please feel free to call me Robyn. (I can't change my username here)
    My 5E PDFs & Fantasy Grounds Modules on The Dungeon Master's Guild
    I stream FG content creation, world building, and D&D games on Twitch!
    You can find me on Twitter too, if that's your thing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedeez View Post
    This looks awesome ddavison!

Question, I have my campaign on the Game Calendar ( https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2503 ) but I'd like to not put the connection info there as my game is full, not recruiting, and playing with friends at the moment. (We've been going for several months now, we just dont really use the Game Calendar here for tracking, we have our own Discord server) How else could I go about sending you a link to my campaign/chatlog? Would private message be ok?

Edit: Never mind, I see it doesnt show the connection stuff even after I turned on the "Accepting Players" option. Heh. I'm silly.
    Well I suppose I'll just add to this post the chatlog you asked for, and hope :P
    PM is fine.

PM Sent!

I never did answer your question, but, as for myself, I'd definitely pay in the ballpark of $10/6mos, seems totally fair and reasonable. I'd love something like this!

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Oh my gosh! SO COOL! Thanks so much!

YES PLEASE, but from what I know about the cheap data costs in AWS DynamoDB or Redshift or Google Firebase, I think any subscription cost is too much. Perhaps limit to Ultimate license holders?

It does look interesting. I would rather pay once for it though than paying a subscription cost.

It would certainly be good data to use against the PC's telling them. .see you roll a lot of critical hits.. You just don't like when they hit you!
    GM Ultimate license FGC and FGU

Just Finished running City of Eyes Level 20 Characters 5 players FGU
    Group now running new campaign.

Playing a Survival DND game in FGU

Running a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a DND campaign based in MIDGARD

Playing a Homebrew Campaign against the Dragon kings in FGU

Running a game of Fallout 2d20

It does look interesting. I would rather pay once for it though than paying a subscription cost.

It would certainly be good data to use against the PC's telling them. .see you roll a lot of critical hits.. You just don't like when they hit you!

here is my game link and my chatlog file

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1737
    Last edited by bawsr; April 13th, 2017 at 19:59.
    GM Ultimate license FGC and FGU

Just Finished running City of Eyes Level 20 Characters 5 players FGU
    Group now running new campaign.

Playing a Survival DND game in FGU

Running a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a DND campaign based in MIDGARD

Playing a Homebrew Campaign against the Dragon kings in FGU

Running a game of Fallout 2d20

I'd sign up for something like this and the cost you quote would not be a deterrent for me.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information