FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 12 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Have a look at this playlist.
    The first video has some basics on themes.
    Some videos are very much vanilla MoreCore and others get into extending MoreCore via some programming.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54PS...qc_9w1TWQfTPUA
    Thx, will do

Hi everybody,
    I'm new on FG, me and my players we used to play on Exalted 2ed system, which have a (over)complicated system for combat, but which give us also epic sessions.

For what I've seen on MoreCore, we are not far for something we could adapt without coding so much using rolls : Exalted consist in the main part of adding or removing d10 dices of a dice pool, launch, take the sucesses for a new dicepool, etc.
    For exemple I will take x dices from an attribute + x dices from the skill - x dices from internal penalties + x dice by using a charm.

So my questions are :
    - did somebody already tried to adapt that system, or interested to help me to do it? (I may do a specific thread depending on morecore capability)
    - is that possible to remove dices from the dicepool? from a roll or manually?
    - is that possible to add / remove dices of a player's dicepool using rolls from the GM? (to remove NPC defense on the attacking player's dicepool)

For now we are enjoying the easy life of using Savage Worlds system on another game, so nothing urgent, but we still have this dream to come back on exalted

See you!

Blog Entries
    Hi rodrigues and welcome

At the moment there is no way to subtract a certain amount of dice from the pool.
    If you add some dice to the pool you will see a little white dot to indicate that one slot has been used.
    Add some more dice and another dot/slot is used.
    You can click the dot to clear that slot but you cannot edit the dice in that slot.
    Does that make sense?
    I will have a chat with ianmward (but he is waaaay busy with real life at this time) and see if that feature can be added.

I have an idea that might work.
    You say all dice are d10s?
    How should a roll report? Does the roll care where the dice came from? Do you ever use more than one colored dice to represent a different dice source for example?

Hi Damned (i've changed my username) thank you for your quick answer!

You can click the dot to clear that slot but you cannot edit the dice in that slot.
    Does that make sense?
    That make sense I had not tried to click on them before and had not seen the useful tooltip that is displayed.

I will have a chat with ianmward (but he is waaaay busy with real life at this time) and see if that feature can be added.
    I can help also with coding. I've never used Lua before but I'm coding with VBA & javascript so I can learn. I could imagine it means we need to manage negative numbers in processPool script and add a function removeDice. I went no deeper for the moment.

I have an idea that might work.
    You say all dice are d10s?
    How should a roll report? Does the roll care where the dice came from? Do you ever use more than one colored dice to represent a different dice source for example?
    Yes, it's all d10s. It does not care where the dice come from but it may help to understand how the dicepool is built and if you did not forget something. I've never though about using different colors for different source but that could be a good idea.
    I can provide you a couple of complex but frequent exemples to explain you how it works. Should I create a specific discussion thread?

Bye

Blog Entries
    SmileyMan i know the dicepool looks like the most likely place to do this but I think that a normal roll works better for your adding and subtracting dice from the pool.

Please tell me more about the dice roll.
    How do I know if its a success?
    How do I know how many dice to roll?
    How do I know hoe many to subtract?

What would the resultant message look like?
    Is the result dependent on the target? Like does it take the targets AC into effect for example?

SmileyMan i know the dicepool looks like the most likely place to do this but I think that a normal roll works better for your adding and subtracting dice from the pool.

Please tell me more about the dice roll.
    How do I know if its a success?
    How do I know how many dice to roll?
    How do I know hoe many to subtract?
    A success is equal 7 or higher.
    A roll combine an Attribute (adding d10) + an Ability (adding d10).
    I add dices also with :
    • Charms (spells)
    • Stunt : bonus d10 decided by the GM based on the player's description quality
    • Equipement

I substract dices from :
    • Charms from the player or foes
    • Wounds (internal penalties)
    • Multiple actions penalties

Exemple : Player 1 is atticking foe 1. He adds Dexterity (3d10) + Melee (3d10). He adds the precision of the sword (+2d10). He is already wounded (-1d10). He decide to attack twice (-2d10 on the first attack / -3 on the second). He use a Charm to help him (+2d10). So for the first attck he launch 7d10.
    He obtains 3 successes (>=7) from which he remove 2 successes because of the Defense Value of 2 (set value) of foe 1. Player 1 has 1 success remaining so he succeed to touch the enemy and he will now calculate the damage.
    For this he adds the remaining success (1d10) + his strengh (+3d10) + the damage stat of the sword (+3d10). He remove the foe's soak (-1d10). As the foe also use a charm to increase his soak he remove another dice (-1d10). So for the damage rate he wiil launch 6d10.

What would the resultant message look like?
    The message could be "source 1 + source 2 - source 3 => X success'.
    I tried to combine rolls but I couldn't find how to combine parameters in /rollover for exemple. Like /rollover (p1+p2)d10x7

Is the result dependent on the target? Like does it take the targets AC into effect for example?
    I'm not sure to understand. Does my previous exemple answers your question?

Thank you again for your help,

Blog Entries
    Ok - i think the best way to approach it is like this:

1st Ill modify the /successes roll to accept modifiers.
    Then you create a bunch of /successes rolls for the main rolls.
    You then create a bunch of /mod rolls for the things that assist and hinder

You click all your modifiers - plus and minus - and you can use the modifiers box for any additional modifiers - and then you click the one that has the /successes in it and it will do the rest.
    I need to update /successes or create a /exalted roll.

mc-exalted.jpg

Ok - i think the best way to approach it is like this:

1st Ill modify the /successes roll to accept modifiers.
    Then you create a bunch of /successes rolls for the main rolls.
    You then create a bunch of /mod rolls for the things that assist and hinder

You click all your modifiers - plus and minus - and you can use the modifiers box for any additional modifiers - and then you click the one that has the /successes in it and it will do the rest.
    I need to update /successes or create a /exalted roll.
    Ok, if I understand in our case the modifier will not be added to the result of the roll, but at the number of dices rolled, like in the image I attached. I really like it : I can have all the details of the pool, and add dices from the GM or the player

Roll.png
    Last edited by SmileyMan; November 29th, 2018 at 17:53.

Just updated the latest Conan, 3.7!

by Ahoggya

So we, damned and myself, have an extenstion for a theme to use with All Flesh Must Be Eaten. Also there is a sample blank character sheet and a filled player character sheet. Unzip the file. As usual, put the AFMBE.ext in the extensions folder and import the two character sheets if you wish. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gugfrp4ax...Beaten.7z?dl=0
    Missing files!

Thread Information