DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Effect not working

I have been filling in effects for my players who leveled this past weekend and a couple don't seem to work. I put in the AC 2 defense bonus for Cloth of the Honorable Melee and it won't work in any form. I try normal AC 2 I try AC 2 for ranged the CT registers the character has the [DEFENSE EFFECT +2] even though it notes the effect a roll hitting his AC or just over still registers as a hit instead of a miss. The same occurs for shield of faith on another character. I am not sure why this is not working. Any help with this would be appreciated.

You didn't say what ruleset. It's usually something like "AC: 2" (colon is important).

Sorry 5e. I will check for the semi colon and see what I have and let you know.

I think the semicolon is only needed if there is another phrase coming after. It won't hurt as FG will just ignore it on the last phrase, but omitting it wouldn't cause trouble.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

1) Are you running any extensions? If so, check the extension threads for compatibility with FG v3.2.3 (assuming that is the version of FG you're running).
    2) Try to recreate in a brand new campaign with no extensions.
    3) Please provide a screenshot showing your issue. Include showing the combat tracker with the effect applied to the character, the rolls in the chat window showing the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay I will try to get this info. The only extensions I am running are the DOE: Base Extension v2.2 and v2.3 for running Syrinscape and the Extensions that come with the official DnD products. I also run the Language and Manual attack extensions.
    Last edited by Celegar; April 4th, 2017 at 15:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Celegar View Post
    I also run the ... Manual attack extensions.
    You shouldn't be running this, it is no longer compatible and the functionality is included in Fantasy Grounds. This is listed in the retired extensions list here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ity-extensions Always check any extensions you use for compatibility with the version of FG you're running.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You also won't ever see the AC on the character or party sheet update based on an effect.

If they have 16 AC, and you place the following effect on them:

AC: 2

It's still going to show 16 AC on the character and party sheet, but enemies will have to get an 18 or higher for it to say "HIT" when rolling attacks against the player. Odds are that it's related to the extension you're running since it relates directly to attack rolls and is out dated.

Here is a screenshot the character has an armor class of 18. I did a roll with with shield of faith effect applied and then I did a roll with Cloth of Honorable melee effect applied. I have shot at the character by using a wererat with a hand cross bow which the ranged effect seems to not work and I used its sword. I had one effect on that seemingly gave +2 to the AC and then +4 to the AC with the second attack and both should not have been hits but were recorded as hits.

Attachment 18427

Thread Information