5E Character Create Playlist

Help with pit tool obscuring play

Hey First time poster here looking for a little help.

I am trying to use the pit tool to make a ledge instead. Essentially making a pit around the map and excluding the high point. I am running into an issue where most of my play area is now obscured by the red lines denoting the area as a pit. Does anyone know of a way to remove the lines from the pit's area or some other solution? At the moment its terribly obtuse and difficult to look at. Thanks!

When you draw the pit click on the 'Is toggleable' button until it is greyed out. This way the pit is always 'on' and can't be switched off.

See videos twenty-nine to thirty-one here for more on occluders https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

OP: Yeah, I do this trick too! For ledges on the edge of a map at least. It doesn't work for mesas in the center, but that's another story. I almost always turn off toggleable and block movement on pits as Zacchaeus says because they're just too invasive to the gameplay when used that way. Only in the rare case that a map has an actual pit that doesn't look traversible will I use those options as needed. The vision change in a pit is already dramatic though.

If you're using an already generated map you'd unfortunately have to go into the map's wall settings and delete the points along the red dotted line.

Thread Information