DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to view movement distance as GM

Is there a way to see the distance you are moving a token as the GM? And can you set waypoint like a player can to help measurements?

Hold down the CTRL key. See "Set Token Waypoint" in the token section of the user guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...okens#Movement
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks! I have to say as a new user of this program, you guys on this message board are fast and extremely helpful! Makes FG seem much less daunting!

Is there any way to see the distance when moving without requiring the move to be approved by the GM?

I checked the wiki link above, and am looking for a solution that elimates counting squares as you're moving tokens, but doesn't required the GM to approve the move. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    Is there any way to see the distance when moving without requiring the move to be approved by the GM?

I checked the wiki link above, and am looking for a solution that elimates counting squares as you're moving tokens, but doesn't required the GM to approve the move. Thanks!
    You could draw a line before moving (left+right mouse buttons at once to do a quick line) and this will show the total distance between squares. This will only help if you're moving in a straight line though.

Otherwise, the ways to get an accurate measurement if you're not moving in a straight line is to count squares or use the GM move approval functionality.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe!

Is there a way, as a DM, to make it behave exactly like it does with players in Locked Token mode? Essentially, when I'm going to do a multi step move as a monster, I just want to be able to measure the distance without having to do it in steps (aka, exactly like a locked player token).
    What am i missing

Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    Is there a way, as a DM, to make it behave exactly like it does with players in Locked Token mode? Essentially, when I'm going to do a multi step move as a monster, I just want to be able to measure the distance without having to do it in steps (aka, exactly like a locked player token).
    What am i missing
    See post #2 above if you haven't already figured it out.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    See post #2 above if you haven't already figured it out.
    haha thanks Zach, i tried to delete my post 2 mins after i posted it i figured it out

thank you

Thread Information