DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

Blog Entries
    The ruleset is still Savage Worlds, though.

I thought he was telling us in Discord a few days ago that the underlying markup and/or data paths in Steel Edition are different from Gold which was causing the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    The ruleset is still Savage Worlds, though.

I thought he was telling us in Discord a few days ago that the underlying markup and/or data paths in Steel Edition are different from Gold which was causing the problem?
    Oh, OK. So there's going to be a complete overhaul of the data paths in each ruleset and/or module so that they are the same for both?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, inner structure of two editions is different.
    The Gold Edition created with raw XML. The Steel Edition created via SWEL.
    This will cause refactoring of the Gold Edition and adventures.

Blog Entries
    Hey, Maksim, did you try loading the adventures into Steel Edition? Savage Worlds still has the same data paths, so they should work regardless of what tools you used to create with.

Beasts and Barbarians have own edges and powers. It is used by NPCs so exists as not working links.

Blog Entries
    In that case, make sure Gold and Steel both have the same data paths and naming schemes. Once they match, change those edges and powers in the NPCs to wildcard links @* rather than @modulename links, then they will work for whichever one the user has loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrill View Post
    News about conversion.
    Publisher wants this two products to be separated. Do not worry! All owners of the gold edition still will get the steel one as promised. But this separation cause some new problems.
    Pretty cool of Gramel to be giving a free upgrade from gold to steel edition. Maybe when you get close to finishing you can have it show-cased on FG Fridays and get some new eyes on the setting. I own the steel PDFs and they're awesome. Probably my favorite fantasy setting for Savage Worlds.

It's cool, but my English is too bad for shows. Maybe Gramel can

Work at Beasts & Barbarians Steel Edition GM guide is STARTED. ETA: 2-4 weeks

Thread Information