DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 11 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    "So far" the program has just been to offer a free upgrade, so if you buy B&B now (SWD) you'd automatically get the SWADE edition free when I get it finished. I haven't been told otherwise for B&B, yet.
    Thanks, Talyn. I'll keep that in mind. (Still sorting out which systems and settings I want to focus on first.)

Blog Entries
    SmiteWorks put me in charge of the entire B&B lineup last night. However, I was instructed that only the Steel Edition is to receive updates. The Gold Edition remains as-is, barring any bug fixes, etc. that type of thing. Having said that, I will need to go through each of them to make sure all data paths are identical so that adventures or supplements work with both editions. I recall that being a concern when Atrill was developing Steel Edition but never heard if he addressed it so I will have to look at that before making any updates.

Once I have the SWADE version ready I will make a dedicated feedback thread for it like we've been doing for the various settings.

I do recall seeing requests for other DLC, such as something about mercenaries. Is that Tattered Banners – Bandit Lords and Mercenary Captains ?

I guess that brings me to the question of: most B&B products were for Gold Edition. Did GRAmel (or anyone else) ever publish a Gold -> Steel conversion guide, or a summary of what was added/changed for Steel?

SmiteWorks put me in charge of the entire B&B lineup last night. However, I was instructed that only the Steel Edition is to receive updates. The Gold Edition remains as-is, barring any bug fixes, etc. that type of thing. Having said that, I will need to go through each of them to make sure all data paths are identical so that adventures or supplements work with both editions. I recall that being a concern when Atrill was developing Steel Edition but never heard if he addressed it so I will have to look at that before making any updates.

Once I have the SWADE version ready I will make a dedicated feedback thread for it like we've been doing for the various settings.

I do recall seeing requests for other DLC, such as something about mercenaries. Is that Tattered Banners – Bandit Lords and Mercenary Captains ?

I guess that brings me to the question of: most B&B products were for Gold Edition. Did GRAmel (or anyone else) ever publish a Gold -> Steel conversion guide, or a summary of what was added/changed for Steel?
    There is. It was a free download. Can I just upload it to you somehow?

Blog Entries
    Got a link? GRAmel sent me the Steel -> SWADE PDF but I'm just trying to figure out what all they changed going from Gold to Steel.

Got a link? GRAmel sent me the Steel -> SWADE PDF but I'm just trying to figure out what all they changed going from Gold to Steel.
    I’ll have to check but I don’t think was any rule changes with Steel. They advanced the timeline, provided some new lore and added edges and hindrances if I remember correctly.

There are definitely some gaps in the changes. I just took my Steel Edition FG set, converted it to SWADE using the auto-tool, and then corrected a lot of things as they popped up. The big thing was the skill & advantage conversion but Pinnacle provided those guidelines on their conversion guide.

Blog Entries
    Ok the B&B theme and Steel decal look fine for me since I'm still running 1080p here, but the actual images are really small. How do they look for those of you running higher resolutions?

Also, being the extremely picky type that I am, I'll be switching all the "Beasts and Barbarians" to the correct "Beasts & Barbarians" (with the ampersand) and I've already added the displayname tag so we can easily read the titles and editions of the core books rather than "BB SE Player." I just hope each title isn't too long now?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Talyn; February 14th, 2020 at 21:09.

So is there update being worked on to make it SWADE compatible or at least to update the files for the theme to be available in the SWADE ruleset?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Will be working on the SWADE update soon. Theme is available for me in SWADE as-is though. Not sure why you're not seeing it?

Thread Information