5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    I haven't been able to get the mimic to work. I can play the sounds through the localhost UI, but using the DOE extension does not seem to play anything.

I have tried variations of mimic to no affect:

mimic://?soundfile
    mimic//?soundfile
    mimic//?play soundfile

etc. None of them appear to be sending commands to the soundboard.

Mimic shows as connected to discord.

Am I using the DOE extension incorrectly? I just open the sounds tab and add a sound with the mimic line for the string.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XIIGage View Post
    I have tried variations of mimic to no affect:

mimic://?soundfile
    mimic//?soundfile
    mimic//?play soundfile

etc. None of them appear to be sending commands to the soundboard.
    Do any of these work if you put them in a web browser? This extensions essentially sends the commands to a web browser, which then relies on the local computer's application registration to open the correct app. If it doesn't work in a web browser, then it won't work in FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, so it seems like my sounds got turned off in the options at some point. So I re-enabled it and now it is sending commands. However, the same above commands now send the command /?soundfile instead of ?soundfile to Discord. No matter how many slashes I put in it does the same thing and won't trigger the bot.

As I wrote the above, I figured out a workaround. It works with other command characters such as !. But using a ? makes mimic send the command /? instead of just ?.

I'm not sure what I did but I broke it and it is no longer working. Also, my discord users (validated this) let me know that this bot deleted everything they said in any of the #text channels. I'm not sure what the deal is/was. Since then I've updated all files but I'm unable to make it work again. The bot joined my discord server offline and stays offline despite trying to do anything (play music via localhost:8080). Also with the localhostUI, I was used to being able to select my discord id and then the bot would jump to my channel and play the song I selected.

Last edited by mlesnews; March 14th, 2018 at 21:29.

OK, so I just downloaded mimic 2.1.0.0 but it keeps failing to login to my discord and closes out on me. I've disabled 2 factor authentication in case that might be it (though I'd sleep better with it on.) I know I've got the right email and password because I just logged out of discord and back into it. what am I missing? should I be logged out of my windows discord app when I use it? Plz halp!

I will update the top post as well, but Discord has updated it's authentication procedure. There will be a user.txt file in C:\Discord Mimic with the line:

token:channelID

This needs to be replaced with your actual user login token and channel ID.

the channelID is easy. It's the text channel you are having the bot listen to. Just right click a text channel in discord and hit "Copy ID". That goes after the colon. The user token is the part no one is going to want to do.

This part is where you gotta think about the integrity of Paco and I. Mimic is logging in as you. There is nothing stopping us from sending that info to us. We aren't getting your Discord log in info, but you have to trust us on that, and I can understand completely why someone wouldn't want to risk it. If you want to continue anyway, heres is what you have to do to find your user token:

https://github.com/TheRacingLion/Dis...Token-Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Nalfien View Post
    ... There is nothing stopping us from sending that info to us....
    Huh? Do you mean your service could take and nefariously use that token? I think that is what you are saying, but very confusing.

That is exactly what I'm saying. The method by which you get your token to log Mimic in as you in Discord could be abused. I don't care to do so, and I'm not exactly sure why people would even steal someone's Discord log in, but ultimately you are just taking my word on that, and I wish to be transparent explaining this is a risk you shouldn't just blindly be unaware of.

It's honestly just as risky as before they updated their authentication protocol, as you put in your email and Discord password into Mimic to make it work.

When you run setup, it will ask for user and password, but it's going to fail when it tries to connect. One it fails, follow the link provided to get your token and edit your user.txt file.
    Last edited by Nalfien; October 9th, 2018 at 15:04.

Good news, folks. Paco is looking into the code to see if there is an easier way to set this up. Even with the current version though, once you set it up, you're good to go forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalfien View Post
    That is exactly what I'm saying. The method by which you get your token to log Mimic in as you in Discord could be abused. I don't care to do so, and I'm not exactly sure why people would even steal someone's Discord log in, but ultimately you are just taking my word on that, and I wish to be transparent explaining this is a risk you shouldn't just blindly be unaware of.

It's honestly just as risky as before they updated their authentication protocol, as you put in your email and Discord password into Mimic to make it work.

When you run setup, it will ask for user and password, but it's going to fail when it tries to connect. One it fails, follow the link provided to get your token and edit your user.txt file.
    Honestly that doesn't seem too different from a lot of services that ask for personal information then mention they won't use any of it or sell it to 3rd parties. I suppose if the program had that kind of wording when one first signed in then it probably wouldn't bother anyone too much. But that's just my view on it.

Thread Information