STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You mean I can't search for;
    (sword OR blade) AND (magic OR magical) AND NOT silver
    ??
    Dont. Over. Think. It.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The reference manual's search is not Google search in matter of fact it's not searching, its filtering. I believe it works fine as it is, because the other side of the coin is that making it more google-like search like would bring up more results and the output is not sorted by relevance which would make the search less helpful for the user.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    in matter of fact it's not searching, its filtering.
    Yeah, that's a very good point to raise. The functionality is the same as any filter in FG - start typing and the results will slowly be filtered out. So, using the example we've seen, if you start typing "magic" or "sword" you will see "magic sword" or "sword magic" keywords match until you press space and type the first character of the next word. As we're talking about reference manuals here it's unlikely to have lots and lots and lots of entries so this should be fine (but someone might decide to put hundreds of entries in there - which really isn't what the reference manual is designed for, but it is possible).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Additionally - reference manual filtering will only occur on the <keywords> entries, it will not apply to the reference manual section title. This is an important thing to remember - you'll very often start your keywords with words from the actual section title and then a few others that are key to that particular section.

Blog Entries
    Actually, you can enclose multiple keywords in quotes (in the xml file, not the search bar) to group them as a filter - "magic sword" for example. Of course, that means trying to include every potential filter combination really complicates the keyword data, so I think I will just keep it simple.

Also, I have noticed that the chapter just has to be open in order to be filtered. If you click the (+) button to expand all before entering the keyword, the filter will apply to the entire reference manual.

Correction: You do not need to "expand all" before entering the keyword - it automatically does this when you enter a keyword.
    Last edited by leozelig; March 23rd, 2017 at 21:52.

Blog Entries
    Maybe that's what it was! Expand it to add the words, not click each page... been a bit since I was testing that stuff to try to figure out why I couldn't search immediately after bringing up the window.

Thread Information