FG Spreadshirt Swag

FG Screen Flicker on Mouseover

tldr; turn on cross-compatibility for Linux and Mac to fix some screen flickering on mouseover.

Hi everyone,

Specs: Win 7, Radeon graphics (updated to latest version), hardware isn't important for this discussion

Problem: When opening the launcher, moving the mouse over the brown panel (with "Start", etc.) would cause the background (looks like a map) to flicker black. After hitting start and selecting what ruleset/campaign to use, load up would be sluggish and flickering would change between the default background and the map background. When opening menus like the PC sheets or maps, more flickering occurs and after you close menus their image still remains.

Solution: I fiddled with graphics options in Radeon's Catalyst Control Center to no avail. Generally, using the application settings works well and previous threads suggest making sure anti-aliasing is off. To my knowledge, FG's application setting is already off so no need to change that. I tried an option in the launcher's settings called "cross-platform compatibility mode for linux and mac" even though I'm not using either of those operating systems. Interestingly, that was the solution!

If anyone wants to discuss why that was a fix in this situation I would love to hear it!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums and community

Why that option helps is that it forces FG to redraw the screen constantly. So it is changing the behavior of your graphics card. It will increase your CPU/GPU usage, but that's better than a flickering screen

Other than anti-aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering is another setting that has been reported to cause similar problems. Even though FG turns these off in the program, it's still worth trying to force them off in the graphics driver to see if it solves the problem.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by TPillarLittle View Post
    If anyone wants to discuss why that was a fix in this situation I would love to hear it!
    Cross compatibility mode forces a redraw of the FG window. This appears to help on some Windows PCs forcing the graphics driver to display FG properly. The downside is that it takes a little more CPU.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information