5E Character Create Playlist

Using purchased content as an exportable module

Good afternoon. I have a question. I have purchased a module and I would like to export it as a development module so that I can make a ton of changes, then use that as the base module to export again to my individual player campaigns. Is this possible to do? The paid module is set for levels 1-10, but I need to adjust it to 10+. I still want all the story and map info, but I need to change all the encounters and such to adjust for the players current level.

I created a new campaign and loaded the basic module, but I'd like to export it to a development campaign so that I can make modifications. When I ran the module export tool, I see the new MOD in the mod folder, but it doesn't show up in the module list when I try to open it in the Development campaign I created.

Do I need to drag and drop each entry so it creates a duplicate that can be modified ( like creating monster dupes from the Monster Manual?)

Quote Originally Posted by HavocSmurf View Post
    When I ran the module export tool, I see the new MOD in the mod folder, but it doesn't show up in the module list when I try to open it in the Development campaign I created.
    The module will be tagged for use in the ruleset it was exported from. You will only see the modules in campaigns created for this ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocSmurf View Post
    Do I need to drag and drop each entry so it creates a duplicate that can be modified ( like creating monster dupes from the Monster Manual?)
    Yes, but it's also more than this. You'll need to make copies of everything - story, NPCs, items, etc.. But you won't be able to make copies of images/maps within the FG interface and so won't be able to export these into a module. You could take screenshots of the images/maps and load those into your campaign. Then go through and add all of the links/token placement to the new images.

Lots and lots of work, cross checking links, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    There is a process outlined here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Best-Practices that talks about another way of doing something like what you want. (It's near the end of the document attached on post #1)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information