DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Noticed this as well.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Eye Con, give me the which day I should go, so I can make arrangements with the Ogre at home, who guards my prison.

Greetings fellow Rolemasters,

I am returning to RPGs after about a 12 year absence, and gathering together the fellowship I gamed with all those years ago through Fantasy Grounds. So I am using my awesome, but rusty, GM Necromantic powers to revive this thread to enquire if an answer to this issue was ever identified. I have tried Fantasy Grounds 3.3.7 with the Rolemaster 1.7.8 ruleset on 2 different systems with the same result. I did not have an unpacked PAK in the Fantasy Grounds Ruleset folder, so that doesn't appear to be the issue with this. Hopefully I am overlooking something simple on my end.

In addition, I would like to thank this community for all the work being done to update and input the Rolemaster set into Fantasy Grounds. I am really looking forward to being able to reconnect with the old crew again and rattle some dice.

There is a fix for the issue in the Test channel if you want to test it out.

Thank you for the reply, Dakadin. Downloaded the Test Version of Rolemaster and it scrolls just fine.

I really appreciate all the work you have and are putting into this ruleset. Just on the testing I have done on the Local Client, the automation of the system is incredible. Now I just have to teach myself the ins and outs of building within the ruleset so I can transfer all of my old notes into this electronic version.

Hi Celenor,

Thanks for testing it and reminding me of the issue.

One hint, initially just try to enter what you will actually use for the first couple sessions. When I first started, I did a lot more work preparing than I really need to do.

If you have any questions about how things work, please create a post so we can answer them for you.

I can see the overload already, Dakadin, as I look at all of those old folders, notebooks, and gaming books. I will try and restrain my ambition until I am more familiar with it all, as difficult as that might be. I tended to go overboard when I was prepping games all those years ago. So I learned valuable lessons about all the unneeded information I spent so much time over, only to find the players fixated on some throw away line from a passing NPC.

I have been reading thread after thread on this forum and have already learned a lot about the actual XML layouts for future additions from the templates posted, as well as digging into the actual ruleset. There is a wealth of skill and experience here in this community so it doesn't seem so daunting knowing that there is such a helpful group to ask assistance from.

Blog Entries
    Welcome!

Yeah definitely don't paralyze yourself by feeling like you need to enter everything before you get active with a game. Enter what you need as you go.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Celenor,

Thanks for testing it and reminding me of the issue.

One hint, initially just try to enter what you will actually use for the first couple sessions. When I first started, I did a lot more work preparing than I really need to do.

If you have any questions about how things work, please create a post so we can answer them for you.
    That does indeed fix the issue I originally reported.

It also fixed an issue I have seen since I reported this one with the categories not working correctly, but I was not sure how to explain it.

This is how it used to look. Note the Rolemaster Classic Essentials and Rolemaster Classic Companions categories are a bit wonky here. The modules are not categorizing correctly for whatever reason.

This is how it looks in the Test version (same modules loaded as in the previous image, and the modules are categorized correctly):

(Hopefully the images loaded properly)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sulimo; May 4th, 2019 at 14:00.

Thanks for testing it Sulimo.

Thread Information