FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: D&D Beyond

For those interested, here's an interview with the Product Manager Adam Bradford...

https://www.tribality.com/2017/03/15...adam-bradford/

Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    Proud I'm on board with FG with all the books then. I guess D&D Beyond will be a great tool for the DM who wants to create NPC's by transferring items and feats and magic equipment etc. and having it all add up and calculate everything if it actually works and doing the write up automatically. (to be seen)

Thanks
    I'd pay for that, either from FG or D&D Beyond. What I'm less enthusiastic about is their apparent plan to charge people who have purchased their product more than once already for the same thing in another wrapper.

I get that there is no real way to check for someone's purchase of the hardcover books, but that does not apply to the purchase of content from the Fantasy Grounds store, or from Steam, or from Roll 20. I think WotC has an ethical obligation to unlock within DDB whatever content we've already purchased on a digital platform.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    .... I think WotC has an ethical obligation to unlock within DDB whatever content we've already purchased on a digital platform.
    I'd disagree. It's in a new format (albeit a digital format) and the formats are not interchangeable. Plus there has to be a lot of work done to make it available in another (digital) format. Now, I do think a discount is reasonable to ask for. I.e. pay for content once, pay for format for each platform or style.

Someday, all the content may be structured in such a way to allow for rapid and near resource free styling and use in other formats, but not yet

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by sturtus View Post
    I really wish Wizards would learn what a RESTful API is.
    +1000

Thread Information