5E Character Create Playlist
Page 18 of 20 First ... 81617181920 Last
    The corruption save roll is broken after last update. I am going to see if I can fix it this next week. I think I can do it! If I am successful I'll share it. Last week has been nuts.

Is there an extension for this game anywhere available? I haven't seen one.
    FANTASY GROUNDS CLASSIC & UNITY ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER

Quote Originally Posted by daddystabz View Post
    Is there an extension for this game anywhere available? I haven't seen one.
    See the usual place - the first post in the thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See the usual place - the first post in the thread.
    The latest update actually broke the extension but alas I have fixed. I have been so busy I wanted to be able to dedicate the time and the fix took me literally 2 minutes. lol

https://github.com/bayne7400/AIME-EXT

This may not be the right thread to post this, but it is for a campaign using this extension. I have a custom module in which I've created all of the cultures, Virtues and backgrounds from AiME. Something I've noticed though, is that the ability increases for the cultures don't work when using the PC creation wizard. They work perfectly fine when building a PC using the traditional technique of dragging & dropping the culture onto a PC sheet. I don't mind having my players build PCs the traditional way, as I've run a couple of 5e campaigns before the wizard was available so I'm well versed in coaching players through t.

I'm wondering though, if this is a known issue and something to be expected?
    And...if not, what do I need to do to get my cultures working properly? I've checked the text listing for my cultural/racial abilities and the text is identical in format and spelling to the racial ability entries for the 5e PHB races.

Yeah the wizard won't work. AIME is not supported so that's why we use extensions. The wizard has its own xml files and scripts in the ruleset. You could make an extension for this.

I did the same thing you did btw. The updated ext will fix your corruption save rolls.

OK cool bayne, thanks for letting me know. As I said I'm fine with having my players drag & drop to build, as it's really quite simple and I haven't had any players struggle with it.

[edit] BTW Before discovering this AiME extension, I'd created my own that relabeled races and feats to cultures and virtues, but was missing the the corruption, shadow, miserable and madness options on the PC sheet. This is a big step up and I really appreciated the effort you and anyone else has put into this extension. It's also really nice that all the work I put into my custom module is compatible with this extension.
    Last edited by kronovan; March 15th, 2021 at 21:48.

I have a question for NotRussellCrowe or bayne7400.

I've implemented something similar to Adventures in Middle Earth's Shadow for Kobold Presses' Midgard World setting. Instead of "Shadow" I use the word "Gloom", because in that setting a corrupting force called Hungry Gloom can invade the world of Midgard from the Shadow Realm, resulting in various forms of corruption. As well, instead of "Corruption" I have "Faith" saves, as the Goddesses and Gods of Midgard commonly dabble and plot among the lives of mortals. Those deities masquerade, befriend, love and even war among themselves; especially the God and Goddess of the Shadow Realm. So a hero reaffirming their faith in a God(s) or Goddess(es) they've sworn/avowed to, is the action that would allow them to throw off corruption.

So my questions are;

If I were to use this Adventures in Middle Earth extension for my Midgard campaign, which string or script file would I need edit to change the COR label on the character sheet to FAITH and SHA to GLOOM?
    Could I use more than 3 characters for my new labels; i.e. "FAITH" and "GLOOM"?

Any help with finding a way for me to use this extension for my Midgard World campaign, would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by kronovan; March 23rd, 2021 at 18:00.

When do you need it buy? PM me your discord name and Ill change it for you.

Many thanks for the reply bayne and offering to do the edits - PM has been sent. I'm running a session for my campaign today at 7 pm PST, but that's very short notice. If you can make the edits sometime between now and next Monday, that would be terrific.
    Last edited by kronovan; March 23rd, 2021 at 19:17.

Thread Information