5E Character Create Playlist
Page 15 of 20 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Hi CV43sailer, and welcome!

For the choices I thought there would be a popup where you get to select, but been so long since I've used this extension I can't remember anymore. If not just manually select which skills you want.

The code is looking for the exact text "Dark Vision" to do what it is doing but hasn't been told to also accept "Night Vision" so that's why it doesn't work for things like that. Sometimes we have to override what the program does.

Sadly we cannot share our modules as they are protected by copyright.

Happy gaming!

Thanks NotRussellCrowe,
    I was afraid that would be the answer with the modules.

I have been Loremaster for our group for 1 year playing AiME in Classic. I have transferred all my Classic AiME Files or to Unity. It works well but i do have lag issues.

Is there a working/complete Adventures in Middle Earth ruleset download here?
    FANTASY GROUNDS CLASSIC & UNITY ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER

Quote Originally Posted by daddystabz View Post
    Is there a working/complete Adventures in Middle Earth ruleset download here?
    Not to my knowledge. This is an extension that you run on top of the D&D 5e rule set.

Thanks Columbus and NotRussellCrowe and others here for all of your contributions- this is very helpful. I just discovered AIME and purchased the books. I would like to set up a campaign in Unity. A few questions: 1) Is the extension in post 104 of this thread still the most relevant version? Does it work in Unity? 2) What other resources could you point me to avoid having to key literally everything from scratch? I understand and respect the need to protect the owners copy right to the material... but having just purchased all of the books it would be tremendously helpful to have that in the format I can use it. My group is dispersed geographically so FG is the only way we can reasonably play. Any advice or help would be most welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramlyns View Post
    Thanks Columbus and NotRussellCrowe and others here for all of your contributions- this is very helpful. I just discovered AIME and purchased the books. I would like to set up a campaign in Unity. A few questions: 1) Is the extension in post 104 of this thread still the most relevant version? Does it work in Unity? 2) What other resources could you point me to avoid having to key literally everything from scratch? I understand and respect the need to protect the owners copy right to the material... but having just purchased all of the books it would be tremendously helpful to have that in the format I can use it. My group is dispersed geographically so FG is the only way we can reasonably play. Any advice or help would be most welcome!
    Hi, Ramlyns, and welcome to Fantasy Grounds!

I haven't tested but I think someone commented that the AiME extension does not run in Unity. I'm sure myself or something else will take a look and upgrade it for Unity (I'm sure it can't be that difficult ) but personally I won't be looking at it until Unity is out of beta. If someone else wants to tackle it before that time that would be great though.

Unfortunately you will either have to enter everything yourself or just go without. The licence for AiME and TOR just transferred to Free League Publishing this week so maybe in the future we can have official modules but as of right now you will have to do it all yourself.

When I was entering things in for AiME I followed the videos on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Zacchaeus55/videos

They were really great on how to create custom races and classes and get as much automation as possible from them.

In fact, these are the four I would recommend you start with:
    1. Races: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYdl0sUYbUw
    2. Backgrounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTtaC2Tz79U
    3. Classes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV0vH1eeUZM
    4. Exporting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9f_XBY3ncU

There are probably a few more videos in there that would be useful but I think the above four will get you 85% of the way.

Good luck and happy gaming!

Thanks very much NotRussellCrowe. I shall begin my labour of love creating the necessary content. By the way, I loaded the extension in Unity and so far as I can tell the skills, corruption saves, shadow point tracking and check boxes for Miserable and Madness all work fine in Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramlyns View Post
    Thanks very much NotRussellCrowe. I shall begin my labour of love creating the necessary content. By the way, I loaded the extension in Unity and so far as I can tell the skills, corruption saves, shadow point tracking and check boxes for Miserable and Madness all work fine in Unity.
    Hey well that's fantastic news!

Good luck in entering everything. It's not difficult, just time consuming.

Happy gaming!

Hey gang. Huge fan of The One Ring RPG. Transitioning to AiME as this seems more available on FG.

I have the two files (mods, extension) suggested in the threads that we'll need. I see the character sheet is updated with AiME data (e.g. corruption) and I see the few new/different skills.

It appears having read this thread (in entirety) the data for player/Loremaster use is NOT available on any FG related server for sharing? In other words, I will have to "copy" all the current classes and edit them to AiME info and same for Cultures (aka Races) and will have to do same for Virtues (aka Feats). ??
    My understanding at this point is that these are not available publicly?

Luckily I know enough FG to be able to do this sloppily at least, but not looking forward to, and i'm no ace at it (yet) for sure.

Any other tips you have for trying to run AiME (5E) set on FG, would be appreciated. I have a group of 5 players and we're looking forward to making characters now, but I need the info in my host FG first.

Thread Information