FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 16 of 20 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostrazor1334 View Post
    Hey gang. Huge fan of The One Ring RPG. Transitioning to AiME as this seems more available on FG.

I have the two files (mods, extension) suggested in the threads that we'll need. I see the character sheet is updated with AiME data (e.g. corruption) and I see the few new/different skills.

It appears having read this thread (in entirety) the data for player/Loremaster use is NOT available on any FG related server for sharing? In other words, I will have to "copy" all the current classes and edit them to AiME info and same for Cultures (aka Races) and will have to do same for Virtues (aka Feats). ??
    My understanding at this point is that these are not available publicly?

Luckily I know enough FG to be able to do this sloppily at least, but not looking forward to, and i'm no ace at it (yet) for sure.

Any other tips you have for trying to run AiME (5E) set on FG, would be appreciated. I have a group of 5 players and we're looking forward to making characters now, but I need the info in my host FG first.
    Hi, Frostrazor1334!

My only advice is to watch the following videos on creating backgrounds, races, and classes. Then watch the one on how to export modules. This should give you all you need to get going.

Happy gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Hi, Frostrazor1334!

My only advice is to watch the following videos on creating backgrounds, races, and classes. Then watch the one on how to export modules. This should give you all you need to get going.

Happy gaming!
    Yes thank you for responding. I've seen these and I already know how to do the basics on that having run Savage World modules.

It does not actually answer my question though - i'm trying to determine if these data sets are already in existence out there to import to my FG? And as far as "modules" (which I think is synonymous with printed/published adventures) go, there are no AiME modules on FG that I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Any data sets that exist cannot be shared for copyright reasons.

Gotcha. Right. Good official response.

Quote Originally Posted by Collumbus View Post
    I made a fork of version 0.4. I include the "Update graphics for basic theme so they say "Cultures" and "Virtues"" and "Added wildcard link with info for new skills". I uploaded this version as 0.45 here: https://github.com/Collumbus/Adventu...le-Earth---OGL.
    Collumbus or NotRusselCrowe I tried to pick apart your files and figure out how you linked the skills on the character sheet to the extension and 5e SRD (I guess this is default). I have put in the players guide into FG and I'm trying to just link the skills from there. Just a way to make it cleaner without all that SRD data in there. Thank you sir!

Fantastic! While not necessary, it is always nice to have all the reference material in FG.

Lol I forgot the question mark! Which line in the xml file references the 5e are data and extension?

Not quite sure to be honest. I didn't do anything special about the skills so hopefully someone else that's in the know can offer some advice. You may also have better success posting in the developer forum.

Oh no and oh well! Somehow I missed this thread when I got the itch to run an AiME campaign for my sons a friends. So I created my own extension. All I did for my extension was change "Races" to "Cultures" and "Feats" to "Virtues" in any XML string file I could find in the D&D 5e ruleset. I then added the new Skills and the Cultures, Classes Virtues, Backgrounds and Equipment under "Adventures in Middle Earth" groups - sheesh I even copy & pasted the entire bestiary from my Loremasters Guide and the complete set of regional PDFs. I then exported all that to a custom module. Meanwhile, I just had players track their current Shadow attribute and Corruption save in the notes. It seemed to work without any issues, but it was just a mini campaign with a few adventures.

Is there any additional things I should have done for my extension? Or I guess what I should really ask, is if this extension adds the Shadow attribute and Corruption save to the character sheet?
    Last edited by kronovan; November 19th, 2020 at 05:13.

All of that data you put in export it as a module. If you did your campaign in the same table you may need to.clean it up before export. You can use that .mod file to run a aime game whenever you want. There is an extension and a mod. Using both fixes the character sheet.

Thread Information