STAR TREK 2d20

Spell Interruption

Just curious on how the GM's here handle spell interruption.

I need to re-phrase the question. GM's, what do you consider that would cause a spellcaster to be interrupted during the rounds preparing spell to be cast?

Spell interruption occurs for me on a critical hit, and wipes out any spell preparation. Instantaneous cannot be interrupted.

Hope that helps you, but as usual its up to each GM to determine what is best for their campaign, if you have other ideas would love to hear them.

I usually only interrupt spell preparation if a critical results in stun of some type. Minor criticals don't interrupt.

Thank you for your responses and input. What about if the spellcaster takes a wound penalty? Say a broken bone at -10? Or receives a wound penalty due to concussion damage?

if the arm is useless then you cannot use it in the static spell manoeuvre cast,but a -10 isn't really broken. It might be a fracture, a true broken is when it says useless.

If it didn't include any related stun effects, I would probably just let them try with the new negative modifier when they make the spell roll. If the modifier is bad enough they can always decide against casting since the total penalty is multiplied by 3 when rolling on the fumble table if you fail.

Thank you again everyone for your input. I am going with the spell being interrupted by any stun effect, forced to parry, and any debilitating wound (i.e. useless arm). I am going with Dakadin's suggestion about having to make a spell roll with injury modifiers.

Thread Information