Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1 monitor to run FG ideas where to keep

I currently have one monitor to run the FG game, I pretty much have almost everything I need and a second monitor is not something my wife would understand right now! So are there any ideas from users out there about how to display the icons/ combat tracker/ maps & etc. with just the one monitor?
    Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Maybe this can give you some ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ne...Qyq8Bw&index=7

Blog Entries
    I think most of us run it with one monitor. I pretty much use the default placement of everything. Chat on the left, CT on the right, everything else in the middle. You can minimize various windows and they become icons/tokens on the desktop. You can then place those where you need.

You can also put DM maps or other things you use a lot into the hotkeys so they are easy to get to.

IMO, the big thing is just to limit the number of things you have open at any one time. I generally have a map, a story entry and the CT open at one time and everything else closed or minimized.

Not sure what my players do, but have never heard complaints and they all run one monitor.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have two monitors, but they are different sizes. Which means I can't stretch across both, without it looking super funky. So I usually have FG up on my big screen, and use the second monitor for things like pdfs, rule searches, and evernote.

If I'm gettin two cluttered, I just minimize what I'm not using and keep the lil buttons all clustered around my hotbar. I keep my map windows small, and partially covering my chatbox. I really only need to see half the chatbox, as you can scroll it up. Then I have the CT right next to that. And I keep any stories open next to CT, and I stagger the tops and stack them so I can click through quickly. NPCs are almost always minimized unless I'm using them.
    Last edited by Ferrin; March 1st, 2017 at 01:27.

Blog Entries
    For a visual, I run 1920x1080 and here's a typical view when I'm running a game (without players connected, so no PC icons).
    Attachment 18092

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Yeah with practice you get used to closing stuff once you have finished and using shortcut keys for quick access to stuff you use regularly. Thats what I do anyway...

Thanks for the responses and the pictures, helps me out a lot. I kept seeing how everyone had two monitors and thought I must be one of the only people out there who uses just a single monitor. Glad to hear I am not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Yeah with practice you get used to closing stuff once you have finished and using shortcut keys for quick access to stuff you use regularly. Thats what I do anyway...
    That's what I wish I could remember to do with 3 monitors. I start opening windows because I have sone much empty space. The next thing you know I have a cluttered FG table that looks like my RL table! I will go to open something and it is already open... so I have to hunt through my "pile of papers" to find that one little nasty surprise for my players. So yeah, one monitor is much better for staying disciplined.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    How'd you get a picture of my desk!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyFan View Post
    That's what I wish I could remember to do with 3 monitors. I start opening windows because I have sone much empty space. The next thing you know I have a cluttered FG table that looks like my RL table! I will go to open something and it is already open... so I have to hunt through my "pile of papers" to find that one little nasty surprise for my players. So yeah, one monitor is much better for staying disciplined.
    Boo hoo! We feel so sorry for you *G*

Thread Information