DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It wont be for everyone but I can see that there would be a market of middle aged players happy to each pay $25 to play and not have to prep. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.
    You mean pay $100-$125 to play (for a 4-5 hour session).
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Saw your other topic in PF, I'll comment here.

Paid GMing is a thing, I GM because I enjoy it but a small fraction will want compensation which makes sense in that a performer at a bar would want compensation as opposed to a free number for a friend. It's fine what he's doing.

Roll20 has a particular hunger for paid GMing due to high flake rates, and number of subscribers unable to find games. FG is a bit more of an established group thing, but there could be a market for it, albeit a minor one. The RPG consulting thing is a bit weird given the amount of free advice out there (as there isn't a financial incentive to keep good GMing tips or practices a secret). I mean the same consultation can be had from rpg stack exchange for free from GM enthusiasts but perhaps you have some other service such as help in writing or campaign assets. I for instance hire artists to draw my player's characters or scenes at times so it's not out of the norm to pay for rpg resources.

Good luck however in the paid RPG services realm.

It is definitely not for everyone. In other channels there has been a lot of push-back on the idea, but really this service is for busy professionals or special events. It's never going to replace most people's casual game with friends, and honestly having more than a couple of regular clients at a time is about as much as I can handle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    You mean pay $100-$125 to play (for a 4-5 hour session).
    Yes but that is what I said.

It wont be for everyone but I can see that there would be a market of middle aged players happy to each pay $25 to play and not have to prep. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Ah, I see what you mean. My apologies; I've never heard of an entire group of players willing to pay for anything (pizza included).

Damned's comment made me think.....is this each player? so then a four person game is $100 an hour? so for a session you get paid $4-500?
    also i have a very very very hard time paying anyone for anything without proof, i mean $25 an hour is like twice what most people make, and you want them to trust you that you can write and do all this stuff.
    Not trying to be a ****, I wish you the best of luck, but this isn't right. It's not fair to comment about working professionals and then try to charge 3 times the minimum wage to do it. I can almost guarantee, that if you charged either $5 an hour for games, or $25 a session, or something more reasonable then you would make more money than you current business plan. Also what type of incentive do these players have to play? Do you just give them the game session? Do you have anything to show us that shows the quality of the sessions, like maps, story excerpts, players stories (i saw the reviews on your site, but they dont tell me anything at all)? I feel like you are asking for all this faith from people who have money yet you don't want to show us anything. You even tell us that you have a long way to go, which to me tells me that you should charge less and then increase the cost when you have experience. The only thing you do show us, is a twitch video that you yourself talk down on "they are pretty low quality compared to what i'm able to do now..." again i would never in my life advertise like that. I am a chef and IMO it is like me saying, here taste this, i promise i can make something better, i have faith in myself, but here is something shitty i made dont judge me on that shitty food, judge me on my word that i am better now."
    Again, not trying to be a ****, but this is the reaction I get from reading this...

He quoted $25/hour for the session, for a price of $100 for a four hour session. Damned was breaking the cost down by the number of players that would contribute (traditionally four players). So the cost would be $25 for each player for the night (assuming four players and a four-hour session).

But I agree, the rate does seem high compared to most jobs that don't require a degree. I'm waiting to see a solid example of what $25 an hour gets before I form an opinion though.

Blog Entries
    Plus, according to his blog, a person in "this field" should also charge for thier time in designing the adventure as well. So you have how much ever that prep time costs.

One of of the best pieces of advice given is to make a professional portfolio before trying to market this service. It's something that a few have stated in this thread, but also the OP has written that very thing in thier own blog on starting a storytelling business! ><

Thread Information