STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

I need your creative brains!

Hi guys!

I am working on a very complex module, and I need some crowd-sourced creativity!

This may be the first in a series of fun posts where I ask for things to populate my more interesting tables

QUESTION:

What are ten ideas for curses that effect an entire kingdom?

Examples:

1. A wizard who was burnt alive for conducting illegal necromantic researches cursed the kingdom with his dying breath. Ever since, bodies have been burned on death or buried under heavy stone slabs since the dead do not rest easy in the kingdom and on the nights of the full moon they may rise from their graves to menace the living.

2. A twin tailed comet was seen in the sky over the kingdom – an ill omen. Since then the birth rate in the kingdom has declined. Unless something is done to rectify this, the kingdom might become an empty ruin in the space of a few generations.

3. The kingdom’s move away from relying on their docks to provide food for the majority of their subjects has offended the sea god. Now a huge sea beast prowls the coast of the kingdom, occasionally venturing onto land and causing widespread destruction before returning to the watery depths.

I really need some community brain power here- mine is turning to mush!!! I am sure you guys'll blow me away

Blog Entries
    1) a jealous shaman/warlock who was the spurned lover of the king/queen cursed the land so that only girls would be born. All to prevent a male heir (assuming patriarchal succession).

2) a god of beasts/nature has determined that the kingdom abuses the animals it domesticates, therefore all domesticated animals are infertile

3) A cabal of wizards that used to be the queen's council but have been ostracized have enchanted the soil of the land to turn into glue when it rains. So when it rains no one can go outside, commerce stops, etc (inspired by Dr. Seuss and Oobleck)

4) A powerful elven wizard has enchanted the kingdom's forests so that any trees that are cut down decay within a year (or burst into flame, or become infested with yellow mold). Thus preventing them being used for buildings, wagons, etc. Only naturally fallen trees can be used, other lumber must be imported despite the large forests.

5) a portent of death has been seen that says that all first born children in the kingdom will die if the ruler (king/queen) does not sacrifice themselves to the god/dess of death on their 35th winter solstice. This has been followed for 7 generations of rulers.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

These are excellent!!! I only need a few more for this table

I love these- they are exactly what I was hoping for

Blog Entries
    A small idol must remain in constant motion, carried throughout the kingdom day and night. Should it stop moving for any reason, the weather changes to hail and destroys the kingdom's crops until it is back in motion again.
    Check out my art albums on FG!
    I own an Ultimate License, all WOTC D&D stuffs, and the SW rules.

Blog Entries
    The king is the land.

The king is cursed by his evil half sister, as the king is weakening because of the curse, the crops are failing and the land face famine and sickness. Heroes have to find the holy cup to heal the king and the land.

Or just watch the movie :-D

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082348/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Awesome! Thanks guys- that fills out my table with 10 curses for a kingdom, which is the minimum number I was looking for!

I will certainly add more, if people think this is fun and want to post more ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyFan View Post
    A small idol must remain in constant motion, carried throughout the kingdom day and night. Should it stop moving for any reason, the weather changes to hail and destroys the kingdom's crops until it is back in motion again.
    does it have to stay above 55mph?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Royalwolf View Post
    does it have to stay above 55mph?

Only when the king's name is Sammy or Hagar!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hey folks- I've been informed I need your permission to use these ideas if I intend to distribute my finished mod (which I do!)

Anyone here not ok with that?

Future posters: posting an idea here is also under the understanding that I'll be using it for a distributed module sometime in the future

Blog Entries
    Yes, you have mine if you like it!
    Check out my art albums on FG!
    I own an Ultimate License, all WOTC D&D stuffs, and the SW rules.

Thread Information