STAR TREK 2d20

Artificer Class Infused Items - how to mark off used Infusions

I don't own Tasha's Cauldron of Everything and so have been looking to manually set-up Item Infusions for a PC of mine who wants to be an Artificer.

I've entered their chosen Infusions and set it so that they can select two, but obviously once a long rest is activated they are cleared and come back.

Item Infusions.png

What would be the recommended method for selecting two Infusions and having them remain selected until deselected?

Probably set them to "once", this way, they do not return upon resting or such. However, to bring them back, you must go into prep mode and manually deselect them in Prep mode when necessary.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

I think long rest is correct. The Artificer can infuse up to the number of items according to their level at the end of every long rest. An item so infused isn't permanent and so they could use the same infusion on a different item at the end of every long rest. So they could infuse 4 weapons or pieces of armour at the end of one rest and then infuse a different four items at the end of the next. The first items then lose their infusion. Setting the infusion to Once I think would then be wrong since at the end of the long rest the infusion is available again; whether the character chooses to use it or not.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I get what you're thinking, yeah.. so, it would refresh but then they could just immediately tick it off again - the refreshing acts as a reminder that they can change their infusion.

That makes sense. Thanks, both!

Sorry to dredge this up. New to FG and playing an artificer. we have tashas but I was thinking of making something that lets you select infusions on a daily basis and came across this. How was this done?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsnopi View Post
    Sorry to dredge this up. New to FG and playing an artificer. we have tashas but I was thinking of making something that lets you select infusions on a daily basis and came across this. How was this done?
    Create a set of Actions for your infusions, give them each a duration of 1 day, so they get cleared on a long rest, and a target of self so that they always get applied to your PC. Here's what they look like on my character.
    Screenshot 2023-10-06 180630.png

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Create a set of Actions for your infusions, give them each a duration of 1 day, so they get cleared on a long rest, and a target of self so that they always get applied to your PC. Here's what they look like on my character.
    Screenshot 2023-10-06 180630.png
    thanks!!

Bit late, apologies, but with the way those effects work if you have both an enchanted weapon and replicated shot you are giving yourself a +2 magical effect to hit and damage roll with every attack and damage roll. All weapons and all spells. Even if you only have one active, it's still a +1 bonus to all weapons and spells.

Wouldn't it better to just have a single item with +1 bonus that you can equip?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoosh View Post
    Bit late, apologies, but with the way those effects work if you have both an enchanted weapon and replicated shot you are giving yourself a +2 magical effect to hit and damage roll with every attack and damage roll. All weapons and all spells. Even if you only have one active, it's still a +1 bonus to all weapons and spells.

Wouldn't it better to just have a single item with +1 bonus that you can equip?
    You can set the effect to go away on next roll/action to avoid it applying too many times. You'd have to re-apply the effect each time you made an attack though. It probably would be easier to make a weapon with the +1 but if you have a habit of changing out weapons a lot then you'd end up with a lot of weapon actions. So really it comes down to your preference; either way works.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information