FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    just got the FG couple of days ago and was trying to put in my own scenario, which is not in English, found it wouldn't work and started research since then and, to be honest, there wasn't much useful info about language support . so happy to see there are actually people working on this , I was trying to follow your tutorial and create a similar extension for Chinese/Japanese but couldn't get it to work, no idea what went wrong. is it even possible to get it to work for Chinese/Japanese? help me pls

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy kitty View Post
    just got the FG couple of days ago and was trying to put in my own scenario, which is not in English, found it wouldn't work and started research since then and, to be honest, there wasn't much useful info about language support . so happy to see there are actually people working on this , I was trying to follow your tutorial and create a similar extension for Chinese/Japanese but couldn't get it to work, no idea what went wrong. is it even possible to get it to work for Chinese/Japanese? help me pls
    Welcome to FG

FG classic/current does not support full character sets. It only supports (if I got things right!) iso-8859-1 which is really only the Latin characters. Marian has done something with this extension that might be using fonts to simulate non-Latin characters, and I'll let them jump in and tell you more. But, without doing something like this/that, you'll be stuck with the sticking with Latin characters (though their is also the L-Pak Community Project that does translations for FG into other languages, but still using Latin characters).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    Wellcome "crazy kitty", actually isn't possible enable Fonts you want (Chinese, Japanese) same way isn't possible change text flow, for example notation from right to left not left to right. But we hope new FGU understand Fantasy Grounds Unity could enable in one of late updates utilise more codepages than now. SmiteWorks talks about this in one of first FGU twitch interviews.

This FG project is really great but need little more time

I understand well your needs write and communicate with your friends in your common language, because it is more quicker, you can use words for which is harder find their short English versions or take while you searching for them in memory.
    Especially kids and young players from non English speaking countries could have problems write in English, they often hear GM speaking in their native language (reading = telling them story) which simebody skillfull translate for them and because they didn't know english well they want react in local language what could be limiting if software doesn't allows it.
    From this reason I start make Language extensions for my language.

Hello everyone!
    I used the method from the tutorial and created an extension for Russian fonts.
    Problem is, it only changes regular text, not the headings.
    Is there a way to make it work for headings too?
    Russian fonts problems.jpg
    Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Dmitry,
    first is good to note that this my tutorial is for Fantasy Grounds Classic (FGC) and NOT for Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU).
    I think your problem is in .XML file with name graphics_font.xml where all links on fonts resided.

If you name them as I then no editing needed, and everything must work .

If you generated new Russian fonts which are located inside your extension folder: graphics/fonts/
    bolditalic-11.fgf
    italic-11.fgf
    bold-11.fgf
    bold-13.fgf
    regular-11.fgf

Now, you must check their filenames in "graphics_font.xml".
    If you changed their name then you must write their correct names in this file too.

I think your problem is that your font filename not match with filename inside "graphics_font.xml" file.
    I marked "blue" down which values in your "graphics_font.xml" file you must check
    and must be same as your font name.

There you can see:

<root>
    <!-- Formatted text fields -->
    <font name="reference-h">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-13.fgf" /> name must correspond with name you give your font
    <color value="660000" />
    </font>
    <font name="reference-r">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/regular-11.fgf" />
    <color value="#000000" />
    </font>
    <font name="reference-i">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/italic-11.fgf" />
    </font>
    <font name="reference-b">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-11.fgf" />
    </font>
    <font name="reference-bi">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bolditalic-11.fgf" />
    </font>
    <font name="reference-b-large">
    </font>

<!--Following taken from CoreRPG 3.1.2-->

<!-- Chat fonts - REQUIRED -->
    <font name="chatfont">
    <color value="#261A12" />
    </font>
    <font name="emotefont">
    <color value="#880000" />
    </font>
    <font name="narratorfont">
    <color value="#261A12" />
    </font>
    <font name="systemfont">
    <color value="#660066" />
    </font>
    <font name="msgfont">
    </font>
    <font name="oocfont">
    <color value="#005500" />
    </font>

<!-- Chat fonts -->
    <font name="chatnpcfont">
    <color value="#000066" />
    </font>
    <font name="chatgmfont">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bolditalic-11.fgf" />
    </font>
    <font name="whisperfont">

There are 15 links which you must check for font name.

One more thing at the begining of "graphics_font.xml" you must have encoding on "iso-8859-1"
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

Hope this help you

If not try this my extension if work on your computer, on my it works.

5E Russian.ext
    Last edited by MarianDz; June 15th, 2020 at 19:43.

Thanks again for your help!
    Unfortunately, the headers still don't show correctly.
    Problem probably is, I am trying to use your extension not for 5e, but for PFRPG. I modified extension.xml so I can load it with PF, and it works perfectly for regular text, but not for headers. I guess some fonts from PFRPG ruleset use different naming convention, so in places like
    </font>A
    I'll have to find the correct names that are utilised in PFRPG ruleset.

I'll try to find ruleset documentation or just make a filesearch for "font" in CoreRPG, 3.5 and PFRPG rulesets during weekend, maybe I'll find fonts that correspond to heading fonts in PFRPF story entries.

Blog Entries
    For PFRPG ruleset try this two extensions
    First is for PFRPG and second PFRPG2

5E Russian PFRPG.ext
    5E Russian PFRPG2.ext

If you want make font for other ruleset then 5E you must specify it inside another .XML file named "extension.xml"
    there you can find ruleset row.

<ruleset>
    <name>5E</name> change it for PFRPG, PFRPG2, 3,5E, 4E etc... you define under which ruleset will be seen this created extension
    </ruleset>
    </properties>

Hope, now it work for you I tested it and it works on my machine.
    For any questions you are always welcome Dmitry ;o)

Example:
    Dmitry example PFRPG.png
    Last edited by MarianDz; June 17th, 2020 at 22:03.

I understood what the problem was. Turns out I was using UI extension "Theme - Simple Grey" which was somehow overwriting some font changes from your 5Е Russian (and 5E Russian PFRPG.ext, 5E Russian PFRPG2.ext). Now I turned it off and everything works perfectly.

From me and my players thank you! Спасибо!

5E Russian.png

Good afternoon.Can you tell me how you can implement fonts not only in rulesets, but also in third-party extensions. For example in PlayerAgency.ext or Shop.ext, fonts do not work.
    Thank you so much for the fonts!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <!--
    Please see the license.html file included with this distribution for
    attribution and copyright information.
    -->
    <root>
    <!-- Formatted text fields -->
    <!-- Formatted text field header default size 20-->
    <font name="reference-h">
    <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Montserrat-SemiBold.ttf" name="Montserrat SemiBold" size="18" />
    <color value="660000" />
    </font>

<!-- Formatted text field regular text default size 14-->
    <font name="reference-r">
    <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Montserrat-Regular.ttf" name="Montserrat Regular" size="14" />
    </font>

<!-- Formatted text field italic text default size 14-->
    <font name="reference-i">
    <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Montserrat-Italic.ttf" name="Montserrat Italic" size="14" />
    </font>

<!-- Formatted text field bold text default size 14-->
    <font name="reference-b">
    <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Montserrat-SemiBold.ttf" name="Montserrat SemiBold" size="14" />
    </font>

<!-- Formatted text field bold and italic text default size 14-->
    <font name="reference-bi">
    <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Montserrat-BoldItalic.ttf" name="Montserrat Bold Italic" size="14" />
    </font>

<!-- For reference manual title of entry to right. visible as entry title when an entry is selected along the left panel. default size 16-->
    <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Montserrat-SemiBold.ttf" name="Montserrat SemiBold" size="16" />
    <color value="#3B2C21" />
    </font>

<!-- Chat fonts - REQUIRED -->

<!-- Font for normal chat and for language dropdown default size 14-->
    <font name="chatfont">
    <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Montserrat-Regular.ttf" name="Montserrat Regular" size="14" />
    <color value="#261A10" />
    </font>

<!-- Font for chat emotes. hold down shift+ctrl for emotes default size 14-->
    <font name="emotefont">
    <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Montserrat-SemiBold.ttf" name="Montserrat SemiBold" size="14" />
    <color value="#880000" />
    </font>

<!-- Font for chat story entries. hold down ctrl or output from a chat frame with no speaker. This also sets the font for the currently selected language in the language dropdown box. default size 14-->
    <font name="narratorfont">
    <color value="#261A10" />
    </font>

<!-- Font for system messages like "Understood by", damage rolls,attack rolls, dice rolls default size 14-->
    <font name="systemfont">
    </font>

<!-- Font for messages like "Attack [] -> at Werewolf, Damage strings, saving throws, awarding xp default size 14-->
    <font name="msgfont">
    </font>

<!-- Font for Out of Character messages default size 14-->
    <font name="oocfont">
    <color value="#005500" />
    </font>

<!-- Chat fonts -->

<!-- Font used for messages when speaking as an NPC, used for both the title and the text, for example "Acolyte: Hello, I am an acolyte" default size 14-->
    <font name="chatnpcfont">
    <color value="#000066" />
    </font>

<!-- Font used for messages when speaking as GM, used for both the title and the text, for example "GM: hello my name is the almighty GM..." default size 14-->
    <font name="chatgmfont">
    </font>

<!-- Font used for whisper messages default size 14 -->
    <font name="whisperfont">
    </font>
    </root>

Thread Information