5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    I would be interested in ever advice is given.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

I would also be interested in this workshop

Blog Entries
    So, is a web meeting with hands on exercises and presentation slides the right format?

Any suggestions to Trenloe's outline? I will put together the presentation and make it available in advance (and during the workshop) to other presenters.

Is the weekend of April 4/5 good?
    Damned has offered to host a session. I can host another, probably best time frame would be between the 4th @1500 UTC to the 5th @0500.

Are there significant enough difference between the rulesets to need to address?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    That's not a weekend. And even if it was that is way too close to the convention to help most people - especially with planning, using the FG Con website, communicating with players. As I recommend above, the first session should be 4 weeks out - like March 11/12.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    So, is a web meeting with hands on exercises and presentation slides the right format?

Any suggestions to Trenloe's outline? I will put together the presentation and make it available in advance (and during the workshop) to other presenters.

Damned has offered to host a session. I can host another, probably best time frame would be between the 4th @1500 UTC to the 5th @0500.

Are there significant enough difference between the rulesets to need to address?
    There are some huge differences with some ruleset, there are: dice rules (Savage and exploding, Star Wars and those dice) also the combat tracker acts differently for 5e and Savage (the Savage tracker deals cards each round, and targeting in general is more difficult, as well as it needs to be shared fir players) well as accessories like bennies and stuff

I don't think these sessions should be system specific. They should be aimed at covering the "Stuff" a GM needs to know to get prepared for, and run, a game at FG Con.

Doing RPG specific workshops is something that might be considered to be ran during FG Con itself - as part of the convention events.

I know this might seem counter-productive, but the pre-convention workshop/s should be generic to cover all of the stuff potential GMs need to know in one session all interested parties can attend.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    April 4/5... Yea, don't read what I wrote, read what I meant! March 4/5. I can't do March 11/12, but doesn't mean someone else couldn't.

I agree they should be as generic as possible. I'm just really familiar with 5E and not others so really wanted to know how much carries back from 5E to CoreRPG. i.e. combat tracker and targeting are specifically what I'm wondering about.

So, before I start putting together something on this (probably tomorrow night, though it's never too late), any one want to comment on the format or agenda?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Spam reported. There's been a recent uptick...

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Blog Entries
    I'm not going to be able to get this ready in time. Work and projects have been too time consuming. If someone else wants to take over, go for it. Otherwise I'll will start this back up before the next FG Con.

Blog Entries
    I would be down for helping with this. My forte' would be to help people with 5E only.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Thread Information