5E Character Create Playlist

Tooltips not showing up on mouseover after update 3.2.3

Hi folks,

When I mouseover on pins that I've created (e.g. encounter pin fixed to map) the tooltip no longer shows on most of the tooltips. Confusingly, a few of them still do. Anyone else encountering this? Any solutions?

Blog Entries
    Hey Montassiner welcome to the forums. You will get much better traction on this if you post it in one of the 3.2.2. or 3.2.3 update threads.

Yes, welcome to the forums Montassiner

Quote Originally Posted by Montassiner View Post
    When I mouseover on pins that I've created (e.g. encounter pin fixed to map) the tooltip no longer shows on most of the tooltips. Confusingly, a few of them still do. Anyone else encountering this? Any solutions?
    Are you running any extensions? What rulesets are you using? Which versions do they report in the chat window - both CoreRPG and the rulesets running on top of this?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yes, welcome to the forums Montassiner

Are you running any extensions? What rulesets are you using? Which versions do they report in the chat window - both CoreRPG and the rulesets running on top of this?
    Thanks for taking the time to comment. I have 3.2.3 Ultimate, no extensions, CoreRPG 3.2.2, 3.5E 3.2.2, PFRPG 3.2.2. Interestingly, i have realized that it is only my image pins that have no mouseovers. If I pin a parcel or note the tooltip shows up fine. It is only my images that have no mouseover tooltip. in my images folder, i have multiple sub-folders - could that be an issue ( I hope not, as it is so hard to organise without them).

Quote Originally Posted by Montassiner View Post
    Tin my images folder, i have multiple sub-folders - could that be an issue ( I hope not, as it is so hard to organise without them).
    Assuming you mean directories in your file system, and not the "Group" functionality within FG? If so, this is not really supported, but it does appear to work for some people. So, I'd recommend you don't use sub-directories to the FG campaign \images directory - to avoid any future issues. However, that being said, I don't think this will be your issue.

I've just done some testing, and it appears that this is an issue within FG. You've posted in the right place, the devs should pick this up to look at as an issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Items and Images currently don't have default text for pins added, because image pins don't have any inherent text associated with them. The information gets pulled from the window link field information. Since items and images can be identified/unidentified, that link information is not included. Given the usage, I think I can update the code in the next version to allow the fields to be seen for this purpose, but not when shared in the chat window.

Cheers,
    JPG

Jolly good.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information