DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Character Wealth determination?

Heya, all!

I GM a Pathfinder homebrew game, and I recently had to spend some time going through all of my player's sheets and listing their gear and the values of that on an Excell Spreadsheet to determine the total wealth value of each character, because that is a mark of the character's power. The Pathfinder Core book gives a target gold value of characters at each level so they are appropriately powered to meet encounters of their level.

I noticed, however, that the items in Fantasy Grounds have a gold piece value field. Is there any way Fantasy Grounds could display, even if just for the GM, the total gold piece value of a player's equipment, by simply adding up those fields? I understand it wouldn't take into account the coin wealth of each character, since those fields are not fixed, but having that feature would have saved me several hours of work.

Anyway, if it's possible, that'd be pretty sweet, and if not, Fantasy Grounds is still freakin amazing. Thanks for the great work you all are doing!!

Merkvah
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Blog Entries
    Don't know about PF, but in 5E the party sheet lists the gold of each PC. Don't know if that adds item value.... never considered if it did.

But, check the party sheet, otherwise I thi k you answer is no.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by merkvah View Post
    Heya, all!

I GM a Pathfinder homebrew game, and I recently had to spend some time going through all of my player's sheets and listing their gear and the values of that on an Excell Spreadsheet to determine the total wealth value of each character, because that is a mark of the character's power. The Pathfinder Core book gives a target gold value of characters at each level so they are appropriately powered to meet encounters of their level.

I noticed, however, that the items in Fantasy Grounds have a gold piece value field. Is there any way Fantasy Grounds could display, even if just for the GM, the total gold piece value of a player's equipment, by simply adding up those fields? I understand it wouldn't take into account the coin wealth of each character, since those fields are not fixed, but having that feature would have saved me several hours of work.

Anyway, if it's possible, that'd be pretty sweet, and if not, Fantasy Grounds is still freakin amazing. Thanks for the great work you all are doing!!

Merkvah
    You could look at writing this as an extension.
    Me personally, if I was doing this in my game I would have the player do it themselves or I would just guestimate it.

alternately you can keep track of them in PCGen which adds up the value on the character.

The party sheet in PF lists all the gear and coins for all the PCs and notes who owns each. So it wouldn't be that hard to have the party sheet grab and add the gp value of each item as it is compiling the lists. There would need to be a place to display the number for each character, so some UI additions would be needed.

It's possible, but would be a batch of work to make the extension.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information