Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New GM running a one-shot on Friday, Feb. 3rd

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds: I messed around with the demo a few years ago, but my group at the time wasn't interested so I all but forgot about it. Now, things have changed and I'm ready to start using it. I've been messing around with it and getting used to the interface, but I want to run a one-shot this Friday for some more experienced players who can help smooth out any unforeseen issues I run into. I have plenty of experience with D&D, so my goal here is to become more comfortable with the software and meet some members of the community. New players are also welcome, and encouraged to come join us!

I'm going to run a D&D 5th Edition game based on the Harried in Hillsfar adventure. It's advertised as several 1-hour mini-adventures, so we'll finish at least one, and if it goes quickly we'll jump right into the next. We may even finish the whole set as long as everyone has time.

FG License: Ultimate (I just upgraded!)
    Game System: D&D 5th Ed

Time Zone: Pacific (GMT -8)
    Day of week and time: Friday, 7:00pm local time (3:00am on Saturday GMT)
    Planned start date: Friday, February 3rd
    Planned Duration & Frequency: One-shot, 2-5 hours
    Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: TeamSpeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: Mostly combat (Knowing modules, it's about 10/90)
    Number of Players needed: 3-7
    Character starting level & equipment: 1 with standard gear (I'll bump everyone to level 2 if we have only 3 players)
    Character restrictions: Anything in the PHB goes, but nothing else for this one: I want to keep it simple. I have a few pre-generated characters ready to go if you don’t want to make one.

A link to the entry on the campaign calendar here

(Originally posted here under a less clear title.)
    Last edited by Spin-Man; February 3rd, 2017 at 04:54. Reason: Updated details

How do I sign up?

You can go to the calendar link https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2384 and sign up there. It uses your forum username and you won't need a password or anything. Glad to have you on board!

Spin-man,
    I apologize but I had to change my vote to the later time slot for Friday. I forgot about a family event and was promptly reminded by my wife. So I voted yes for the 7pm PST time slot.

I just upgraded to the Ultimate License! I'm buying in to the system for long term use, so I have little doubt it will pay for itself in the long run.

BDaniel,

Starting later still works great for me. I have updated it here and on the game calendar. So far, it looks like we have two other players but I'm still accepting more.

If I get off work early. Count me in. I signed up for it on the calendar.

Spin- man
    will you be placing the connection information (ie Serve alias or IP address and password if required) on the calendar or sending it out by (PM) private message?
    Also are you going to post up the Team speak room and PW if required?

^^bump^^

I think I'll participate in this. Yeah, I assume connection info will be here?

I sent a PM requesting the server/teamspeak info...

Thread Information