STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    [QUOTE

So if you wanted to work on a ruleset that would allow you to actually sell/distribute your work, the non-WoTC OGL rules are a more sure bet.[/QUOTE]

I have already blazed that trail regarding an old school compatible module (a non TSR/ WOTC product that I had permission from the author to publish) and got told "no" by Smiteworks in short order as not being something they wanted to sell in thier store. It is still possible to try to sell elsewhere, but likely would not be a successful venture. At some point, i will try again to push for the OSR movement, but I'm just one voice and easy for the powers that be to ignore, as such.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by Zhern View Post
    I must have missed it. I'll take a look and reply soon.
    I sent it as a PM here.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Gotcha. I found it. I'll reply soon.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

I am still in for Basic Fantasy RPG if it can get on the list please?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    You mean the old D&D basic rules?

Again, other than a labour of love, converting the “official” TSR/WoTC rulesets means it always will be a fan creation and no rule text or modules can be available.

Converting (or updating to at least Core RPG)OSRIC (AD&D), Labyrynth Lord (Basic) and Swords and Wizardry or Lamemtatioms of the Flame Princess(original D&D) allows for at least the strong possibility for modules and full rules also npbeimg available as they are all OGL compliant.

I think that both of the AD&D rulesets that are here could be made into OSRIC as well and include the rules text instead of just the rules.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

I was referring to this:

https://www.basicfantasy.org/

It's not a "Clone" per-se... more of a hybrid between 1E and 3.5 but it is Open Source which may give more flexibility around building a robust ruleset and modules.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctmega View Post
    I was referring to this:

https://www.basicfantasy.org/

It's not a "Clone" per-se... more of a hybrid between 1E and 3.5 but it is Open Source which may give more flexibility around building a robust ruleset and modules.

Thanks!
    I thought it had an ruleset already? Old and not updated, but I could swear I've seen one mentioned around these parts...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Vodokar was working on it... it's still on his to-do list.

Correct, and to be more specific, it is currently on Damned's to-do-list to work on the visual appearance of the ruleset and then i'll put the finishing touches on the technical aspects of the ruleset.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    Correct, and to be more specific, it is currently on Damned's to-do-list to work on the visual appearance of the ruleset and then i'll put the finishing touches on the technical aspects of the ruleset.
    Ahem.
    vodokar might be on to something there...

Thread Information