STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Hello JimSocks, I checked this out and this is exactly the sort of stuff I was envisioning when I first prototyped the story templates. I'm glad to see you've poured in your creative juices and come up with some great generators. The thumbnail is also very appropriate. Well done.

BubbbaGrim:

Ah the old rooster and cannon! ...right? Lol

I have a background in sailor-mouthery so I was very tempted to put some lewd or suggestive words in the name generators because to me it would result in hilarity, but I remembered kids play D&D too so I erred on the side of caution.

The most taboo name I've gotten so far:
    "The Prostitute and Child"

Though I am sure with so many combinations there are bound to be a few others that raise an eyebrow (I can't wait to see em lol)

Thanks for posting- it's awesome to hear you like it!

Ddavison:

Thanks for the feedback! Honestly, I absolutely LOVE the new story templates. I've been pushing the boundaries of them and find myself dreaming of even more functionality I wish they had (which is ludicrous considering how awesome they already are!)

My end goal now with this mod is to come out with a complete campaign generator for levels 0-5. This would be something that generates a complete story arc, encounters, recurring NPCs, relevant cities with maps and points of interest, side quests, you know- everything.

The issue there is how what I want to accomplish buts up against what is currently possible, and there are definitely expectations I need to manage there (as I have found building these already)

It really does make me happy to hear that people think this is useful and cool, and to be honest hearing that is keeping me focused on making some even better stuff

Blog Entries
    One of the things we discussed internally and have heard people request is the ability to pass parameters in. It might be a while before we touch that again, though, because we have a lot of other areas where we need to focus our developer attention.

Oh man- passing data in from another source would be epic! I can just begin to think of all the ways I could use that...

I won't hold my breath, I'll just keep my finger crossed

No need to read any further if you are tired of hearing about bright ideas and crazy feature requests...

I would also LOVE the ability to display data rolled on grandchild tables, and the ability to nest table call-outs (as in [<race><class>] where the template would first pull the previously generated output from [race] and [class] tables, and roll on the table that resulted. Ex: this might display the result of the [dwarf rogue] table or the [elf cleric] table dependent on what had previously resulted from race and class.

Another killer feature idea: a checkbox for auto-rolling on story template links within the template and inserting the content they generate in place of the link. I could use that in a million ways...

If you read this far through my hairbrained ideas, thanks for listening

All I can say is Wow!

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

Blog Entries
    Great work on this! You may want to copy and paste post #1 into an "Instructions" story entry, so people don't have to refer back to the forums for them.

Nice! And I'll most likely be using it TODAY!

ThanX!
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Dmkevin: That's actually a pretty awesome compliment. Thanks

Rob2e: Solid idea. When I get home tomorrow I'll do just that. I'm super excited it's getting used- let me know how it goes!!!

thank you very much, this is great!

Your welcome!

Wait till you see what I've been toiling over lately: a complete campaign generator

There is a LOT of work left to go on it, but I already have four plot line generators complete. Only like 70-some more to go LOL

They should get easier as I go along and can re-use tables from other plot lines. We'll see

Thread Information