FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    The Teamspeak server will remain as long as it continues to get hosted. It is not actually hosted by SmiteWorks.

Regarding running multiple discord users with different audio content on each channel, you'll have to wait and see if someone else more familiar with Discord can weigh in on that one. I'm not sure.

You can run multiple line inputs into Discord, though it all goes through the one logged in account (there are guides on google to do this), or you can run from a different machine/device. There is no support for multiple instances of Discord running at the same time.

Blog Entries
    I think we will re-evaluate TS after FG-Con.
    There is still a good number of groups using it so we shall see what the status is in a couple of months.

Spite,
    Use this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7dVeJhTKaE to create a second instance of Discord.

You can use this second instance directly with Syrinscape, and can skip over the instructions with Foobar if you don't need another player but I find Foobar a great way to add additional music if required, overlaying with Syrinscape sounds as well if you wish.

Nulk
    Currently Running: Eberron
    Recently Complete: Lost Mines of Phandelver / Green Ronins Freeport Trilogy / Tomb of Horrors
    Currently playing: nothing at the moment.
    Timezone: Australian Sydney Time - what ever the hell that is at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    You can run multiple line inputs into Discord, though it all goes through the one logged in account (there are guides on google to do this)
    And until this is changed, I will not use it for my games. I want my players to be able to adjust the volume of (or mute) the background sounds while not affecting my voice as GM. If all sounds go through my single connection, then if they mute the background sounds, they mute me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I think we will re-evaluate TS after FG-Con.
    There is still a good number of groups using it so we shall see what the status is in a couple of months.
    I tried to use Discord for a game a while back. It kept booting the GM and after two sessions he just switched back to using Team Speak. I hope the option of Team Speak never goes away (I mean I doubt it will because if Discord doesn't work for me I'll just host my own FG TS.)
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    From their terms of service...

Any data, text, graphics, photographs and their selection and arrangement, and any other materials uploaded to the Service by you is “Your Data.” You represent and warrant that Your Data is original to you and that you exclusively own the rights to such content, including the right to grant all of the rights and licenses in these Terms without the Company incurring any third party obligations or liability arising out of its exercise of such rights and licenses. All of Your Data is your sole responsibility and the Company is not responsible for any material that you upload, post, or otherwise make available.
    By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Data with the Services, you grant to us a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use Your Data, subject to the Company’s Privacy Policy.
    I'm no copyright lawyer, but it sounds to me that this doesn't play very well with 3rd party content (modules, music, sound effects, etc.)

~P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phystus View Post
    From their terms of service...

I'm no copyright lawyer, but it sounds to me that this doesn't play very well with 3rd party content (modules, music, sound effects, etc.)

~P
    You shouldn't be uploading any 3pp stuff to discord. The voice is streamed and not recorded, so even that is off the table. If you post something in chat, pick a username or fill out a profile, they can use that data. None of FG's stuff actually passes through Discord at all.

I too am concerned about the language from Discord's terms of service that Phystus quotes. That trope about "if you're not paying for a product, YOU are the product" seems to apply here. Discord's business model, based on their TOS, appears to be based on the sale of customer data, unlike the European privacy policy and terms of service of TeamSpeak. I don't use FaceBook or other services for the same reasons.

If there's a challenge with FG providing TS service moving forward, I'm happy to chip in. And if you're wondering if I also wear a tin-foil beanie, I'll point to its very nifty propeller.

Happy gaming!

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You shouldn't be uploading any 3pp stuff to discord. The voice is streamed and not recorded, so even that is off the table. If you post something in chat, pick a username or fill out a profile, they can use that data. None of FG's stuff actually passes through Discord at all.
    Streaming would be covered under 'transmitting' since the data does go through their server before being sent to the players. As long as 'audio assets' isn't added to the list of what is "Your Data", things should be fine. But as soon as they do add audio clips to it, all the Syrinscape files come into conflict.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information