Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    There is a great tutorial on streaming using Fantasy Grounds as an example here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtv...qdUzzDoA9Qs-bg

It goes into creating your own overlay, basically a frame over all the windows you're streaming, but it not really necessary. The gist is the following...
    - create a twicth account (you can also use youtube livestream, that's what I'm using)
    - find the streaming key
    - download software like the free OBS (Open Broadcast Software)
    - in OBS select the video sources you want (Fantasy Grounds, Hangouts, etc) and each becomes a panel
    - apply filters like "crop" to each panel and rearrange as you desire

now you are set to record. To stream however you need to enter the "streaming key" from twitch or youtube live into OBS. Once you do click stream in OBS and you're live!
    Last edited by Calisto; January 24th, 2017 at 16:55.

It's a good start... but I wonder do I really need Roll20 in order to stream? Plus, have to learn about Discord...
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Certainly do not need Roll20 to stream, they are just using it for the video. You could use discord for voice or google hangouts for voice / video. I understand discord will be coming out with a video option later this year.

Ah, so much learning to cram into a tight space. If I am streaming my ugly face, will I need Roll20, or can I just use the Webcam from my laptop?
    Ultimate Licence holder

But I'm learning!

I guess you can use your webcam ad the default soft running it. It will be a layer in OBS if I've understood properly
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Blog Entries
    You can use the Webcam. Are you using Google hangouts or Skype or something else for your sound and audio connection to the other players? Normally you would capture those into a layer on OBS. The guide linked above prefers using Roll20 because the webcam locations are more predictably located and they don't have to edit their layouts in OBS from one game to another.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You can use the Webcam. Are you using Google hangouts or Skype or something else for your sound and audio connection to the other players? Normally you would capture those into a layer on OBS. The guide linked above prefers using Roll20 because the webcam locations are more predictably located and they don't have to edit their layouts in OBS from one game to another.
    I was thinking that I won't have players over video, maybe not even me, so I can just show the FG interface without distraction. I know a few people really like discord, so I was thinking of using that too. Probably that chat window too. I'll have to take a look and see what's up.
    Ultimate Licence holder

But I'm learning!

Blog Entries
    That works. You can capture and stream only what you want to stream and chop it up any way you want. The best advice I can give is to just get in there and start messing around with the OBS layouts.

OBS is great for adding things to an overlay and putting everything where/how you want it. This is my stream where I crop up Fantasy Grounds to server as it's own overlay because I'm lazy and artistically challenged :P
    https://puu.sh/tyr89/9bb48b281d.jpg

Thread Information