DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Need help opening up port 1802 on computer

Good Day following the guide at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...faq=networking

I have confirmed that port 1802 is not open from my computer.

Going to my router/switch i confirmed that I had no port restrictions the failure to conect to port 1802 did not change with any level of router fire wall

On my computer I created a specific rull in my firewall to allow any connection using port 1802 however this has not change the result

What other step or checks can I preform to try to open this port?

Blog Entries
    Welcome mcallisr.
    Please describe your network.
    Wired/Wireless?
    ADSl, Cable, Fibre, Satellite, Other?
    Do you have a Modem and a Router?
    Have you enabled UPnP?
    Have you created any Port Forwarding Rules on your router? If so please supply what settings you put in.

The network is wire into a router/switch motorola surfboard. Cable internet connection. No port forwarding rules where on the router however.
    UPnp was not enabled.

Changing that seems to have fixed it for testing try to open my own server and connect with the fantasy ground website in the application.

However i am still getting errors on the open port check for 1802.
    Last edited by mcallisr; January 21st, 2017 at 18:18.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcallisr View Post
    The network is wire into a router/switch motorola surfboard. Cable internet connection. No port forwarding rules where on the router however.
    UPnp was not enabled.

Changing that seems to have fixed it for testing try to open my own server and connect with the fantasy ground website in the application.

Your next step is to create a Port Forward rule on the Surfboard.
    External Port: TCP 1802
    Internal Port: TCP 1802
    Map it to your Computer name or IP Address

If you cant solve send me your email address via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcallisr View Post
    What are you using for the open port check? If you're using something like canyouseeme.org then this will only work if FG is fully up and running and waiting for players to connect as that is the only time FG is listening on port 1802 (other than the very brief time period after the "Run Test" button in FG is pressed).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Depending on the model #, you can go here and get step-by-step screenshots of how to add the port forward rule. For the internal IP, use the one shown on the Fantasy Grounds screen as your Internal IP address.

https://portforward.com/motorola/

[Deleted because posted in wrong thread]
    Last edited by TGIDragonfly; February 6th, 2017 at 00:37.

Blog Entries
    If you cant get it working send me your email via PM and Ill organise to do it with you.

Your wife will also need to go into Library -> Modules and activate/open those books you have shared with her.

Zacchaeus will know the answer to the last one but I think they are actually missing...

I never had to do port forwarding. I just allowed FG full admin access to bypass security/firewalls. Worked great ever since. Cable modem/router combo running wifi.

You probably have a UPnP router and it automatically handles it for you.

Thread Information