DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Preload not working

I noticed the other day I had a few image which I clicked for preloaded, and it not working, they downloaded it one I shared, I know this cause the internet got slow, because of the download and sizes. Dakadin can you confirm is this a broken feature, also in the past I am sure there was a notification which images were preloaded, however i do not see the (p) anywhere anymore.

It seems to be working for me. There isn't a (P) that shows up. Only a (S) to show that it was shared. I think the (P) is in the CoreRPG based rulesets.

FYI: In CoreRPG based rulesets, (P) means that a record has been shared to everyone (P)ublic. It doesn't indicate that it's been pre-shared.

(S) means that the record has been shared with one or more individual players. Mouse over to see a tooltip that indicates which player/s the record is shared with.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

RMC seems to be working the way older preloading worked. It would preload the image for the players who were connected at the time of the preload. Recent CoreRPG based rulesets would allow preloading of images for all players - when a player connected they download all the previously shared images.

In RMC preload basically means "Share it with all currently connected players, but don't automatically open the image window on the player side."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK I see, preloaded at time of connection, DAMN! I was hoping it would preload when they entered and see that loading toolbar.

Dakadin you now know what I am going to say <wink>

The problem with the method above when i click preload or share, it kill the internet connection for 5-10 minutes as it pushed out the map, I remember in pathfinder in the old days even pre version 3 you would connect and the loading bar would appear and it would dl all the images prior to joining the game if it was preloaded.

I never gave it much notice in RM as all my maps been small but lately i been converting old school D&D modules for RM, and you notice it on a 5 meg file.
    Last edited by Ardem; January 20th, 2017 at 07:29.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    The problem with the method above when i click preload or share, it kill the internet connection for 5-10 minutes as it pushed out the map, I remember in pathfinder in the old days even pre version 3 you would connect and the loading bar would appear and it would dl all the images prior to joining the game if it was preloaded.

I never gave it much notice in RM as all my maps been small but lately i been converting old school D&D modules for RM, and you notice it on a 5 meg file.
    Im positive you could reduce that file in size.... considerably...
    You could mask and share to each player one by one as they log in?

yeah that how I did it and reduce it anymore then 5 megs, it already very blurry its a huge map. Like table size, Undermount old school D&D

Thread Information