DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 93 of 150 First ... 43839192939495103143 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Theros View Post
    Are there any explanations to fields? I am bit confused as GURPS GM where to type and what information.
    There is no formal documentation. Can you be more specific as to which fields you mean, plenty people here would gladly help you out.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quick question on my favorite topic, the Modifiers window

I know on the combat tracker there is a small eye symbol which toggles NPC visibility for the players; that same icon is on each of the Modifiers entries, but doesn't seem to toggle visibility at all (at least for myself, connected to 'local host').

Sharing my Modifiers module is all or nothing -- shared, the player sees all modifiers (regardless of visibility toggle), unshared they see nothing.

I thought the best course would be to finish my GM version with every modifier I've ever wanted ("GM-mods"), then export it to a copy (sort of -- I don't think that's as easy as I think), delete all but the core modifiers I don't want to overwhelm the players with and save that as a different module ("Player-mods")?
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

I don't know if it would work, but I was thinking, how to deal with advantages with more than one level, because dragging from the created field to the spreadsheet adds the item but in different lines, except for the spells that need at least 1 point, the skills could be added without points, that is, assuming the pre-defined level of it and when the point was applied following that pattern that exists in the skills part of the basic module, I think this because if a test is requested that does not have the skill there could be some way to participate in the test, without having to look for modifiers and I could also chain skills at no cost. for example I could have broadsword with skill level 14 and short swords with skill level 12 at no cost and already automatically calculating the relative level. ..of course this is freshness, but it is still a doubt ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    Quick question on my favorite topic, the Modifiers window

I know on the combat tracker there is a small eye symbol which toggles NPC visibility for the players; that same icon is on each of the Modifiers entries, but doesn't seem to toggle visibility at all (at least for myself, connected to 'local host').

Sharing my Modifiers module is all or nothing -- shared, the player sees all modifiers (regardless of visibility toggle), unshared they see nothing.

I thought the best course would be to finish my GM version with every modifier I've ever wanted ("GM-mods"), then export it to a copy (sort of -- I don't think that's as easy as I think), delete all but the core modifiers I don't want to overwhelm the players with and save that as a different module ("Player-mods")?
    I think you can set it up at your GM table (so to speak) where you do have the GM Mods module loaded, and a Player Mod's module loaded - but where the GM module is not visible for them to load and see.

If you want, when I get a chance, I'll try to experiment with it myself and see if I can resolve that issue at a lesser level with my one player.

Right now, I've been trying to "cheat" and mass create a module that contains "Items" from Classic UltraTech and Classic Ultratech 2. The process I'm working on is to create an excel spreadsheet that contains each item that I want to import into a single "Module" (I call it GURPS CLASSIC ULTRATECH for my campaign, and once I get the items done, will export it as a module).

My problem is, try as I might, I'm not able to get FANTASY GROUNDS GURPS MODULE MAKER to function. I'm sure the fault lies at my end not the program, but it isn't intuitive enough for me to get it working at my end.

I'm going to start up a new thread regards to an idea I have - feel free to chime in there...

Error when opening notes

I got this error in FGU when I open any note in the player sheet (no extensions loaded)

[4/15/2020 10:19:08 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file (graphics/languages/Ladino.ttf) for font (Ladino). [GURPS BANESTORM LANGUAGES] [graphics/graphics_languages.xml]
    [4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find normal font () in control (text) in class (charnote)
    [4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find title font () in control (text) in class (charnote)
    [4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Could not find font for fontName

The language extension(s) are going to have to be updated to include the TTF font versions
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

The source was TTF, but I removed it anyway and the error when entering the notes continues.
    But this error only happens at FGU

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    The source was TTF, but I removed it anyway and the error when entering the notes continues.
    But this error only happens at FGU
    My impression was that FGU uses TTF, and not the bitmap FGF fonts anymore. I know the language extensions that I made didn't include TTF versions; they will have to in the future, as far as I know.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

I don't use FGF, only TTF in FGC and in FGU

Please make sure you update to the latest version we pushed today; as the fallback font wasn't being called correctly in the new font system with yesterday's build.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information