STAR TREK 2d20
Page 92 of 150 First ... 42829091929394102142 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    I believe this is intended behavior in that the players will control their rolls, but for the NPCs you'll do it from the CT.
    Well, when you put it that way lol. Makes perfect sense, thanks for the reply!
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    Oh, and since I'm here and thinking of it -- the current FG GURPS Effects are informational only, right? Like an effect of "Shock -3" is just there as a reminder to ignore the chat roll and manually adjust, it doesn't apply modiers to the roll.
    Yeah, I'm about 98% certain that is correct. Informational only at the present.
    None of us are virgins; life has screwed us all.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    I believe this is intended behavior in that the players will control their rolls, but for the NPCs you'll do it from the CT.

Now for the case when a player is not present, i have an NPC version of their character to use in the CT, of just roll from the character sheet.
    This is correct. To save cluttering up the combat tracker, PC weapons and attacks are removed, since PCs would be making these rolls. If the GM needs to make a roll off a PC character sheet, then open up the PC sheet and roll or do something like Seycyrus suggested.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by Rigil Kent View Post
    Yeah, I'm about 98% certain that is correct. Informational only at the present.
    Correct.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

One of the things that the "party sheet" do in F20 rulesets is that they make the Player Characters' Characteristics gathered there. So the Game Master can, with a few clicks, roll one Skill, or Stat for all the PCs.

I am not sure how that would translate to GURPS. Since all Characters in GURPS have different Abilities, it could get kind of cluttered real fast.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

To work these rolls made by the GM, first you would have to have the ability to have a pre-defined level and then how to search for skills that the GM can scroll through the character in secret, so I don't know how when he inserted the characters on the party sheet he would look for each a skill and if you have rolls with her level, if you don’t have rolls at a pre-defined level, another thing you would need would be a checkbox to determine who is participating in this test ... and one thing I would put on the party sheet is the tab to distribute XP

I have now played 2 sessions (if short ones) using FGU, the GURPS ruleset with 3 players. And overall it worked fine. Though when sharing a picture/map and trying to make it visible to a late arrival, there was no "update" option. If i had shared a map/picture and one of my players arrived late, i could not share it again to get him to view it too. I had to unshare it first, and then share it again. I am not sure if this is a FGU general thing, or a GURPS specifik thing.

Also, having some kind of grouping of the modifiers in the modifiers window would make them easier to find, and would make the describing string shorter (which is good when they are represented in the roll).

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    ... there was no "update" option. If i had shared a map/picture and one of my players arrived late, i could not share it again to get him to view it too. I had to unshare it first, and then share it again.
    /H
    The way to handle this for a "new share" is to drag the link (the triangular icon) in the upper left of the map itself, to the players portrait.

Are there any explanations to fields? I am bit confused as GURPS GM where to type and what information.

Quote Originally Posted by Theros View Post
    Are there any explanations to fields? I am bit confused as GURPS GM where to type and what information.
    Depends on the fields but I don't think there are any explanations except what's in the book.

Thread Information