FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 89 of 151 First ... 3979878889909199139 ... Last
    I am filling the range of the weapon like ST * 1.5 for example, but when I put it in the character the ST * 1.5 appears, am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by BRUNOSALVADIO View Post
    I am filling the range of the weapon like ST * 1.5 for example, but when I put it in the character the ST * 1.5 appears, am I doing something wrong?
    This bug has been fixed in this new update.

GURPS 4E Core Ruleset
    Download latest release from here: https://bit.ly/GURPS4ECore
    (Updated: 23th Mar 2020)

- Fixed: Bug with range calculation for muscle powered ranged weapons.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thanks for the correction, with each passing day I am more convinced that waiting for what Ronnke and the team do in the GURPS Ruleset is always worth it!

Ronnke, your work is amazing as always

I wanted to ask: is there some way I can specify multiple damage modes for a melee weapon such that dragging&dropping it in a character sheet will add all the modalities (e.g. a staff can be used by thrusting or swinging it).
    I'm sorry if this is a repeated question but this thread is starting to become a bit difficult to navigate ^^"

If I'm not mistaken if you use the pipe key (|) you get this
    Example: sw + 2 cut | thr + 3 imp.
    When you add the item to the character and equip it (armor symbol in the inventory) you will see that in the combat tab there will be 2 attack modes.
    One thing I did, as a test, was to create an item, set the price, weight, legality, so I defined it as melee, filled in the fields, changed it to ranged, defined the fields changed to melee, ranged and locked when I switched to the character I had both ways to attack, I removed the item from the party sheet, changed the strength and damage and put the item on the character again and the damage and range changed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexos View Post
    Ronnke, your work is amazing as always

I wanted to ask: is there some way I can specify multiple damage modes for a melee weapon such that dragging&dropping it in a character sheet will add all the modalities (e.g. a staff can be used by thrusting or swinging it).
    I'm sorry if this is a repeated question but this thread is starting to become a bit difficult to navigate ^^"
    As yako202 pointed out. Separate the various modes with the pipe |.

eg.
    thr-1 imp|sw+1 cut
    C|C,1

I know that the pipe symbol is used to separate the attack modes, but I would like to know if there is any symbology that determines that the attack mode is from a distance, I ask this, due to melee weapons that are throwable, I know that there is a melee mode, ranged which is a mode that defines the weapon in both modes, but even so, it doesn’t reflect the damage ...

Hey there. First, amazing work, we've been enjoying the .pak since last year here and there. Great work.

I'd like to report the encumbrance showing "overloaded" when importing characters from GCS, which doesn't seem to appear when importing a character form GCA.

I've looked into the .xml, tried different combinations (I suspected containers, such as a backpack, to not work, but that isn't it), I tried entering gear by hand. It turns out "overloaded" after a few manipulations or right after an import. The total gear weight shows properly but all encumbrance are checked off and the encumbrance level is set to "overloaded".

The only difference I can see so far is GCS equipment is tagged as "equipped" and GCA equipment as "carried" by default, but if I change the status to carried it still show up as overloaded.

If I compared both .xml, could it be that GCS version have a single-digit object ID (GCA has five digits)? No clues.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by Nolinquisitor View Post
    Hey there. First, amazing work, we've been enjoying the .pak since last year here and there. Great work.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    Thanks! The best thing to do is send me, either here or via discord (Ronnke#9634), the db.xml file from your FG campaign folder and the name of the character causing the issue. However, if you are getting overloaded, regardless of how you equip inventory, then I suspect the values you have set for the characters encumbrance weight thresholds is wrong.

BTW, I love the GURPS content you have on your YouTube channel. Very Nice.

WeightThresholds.jpg
    Last edited by ronnke; March 25th, 2020 at 05:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolinquisitor View Post
    I'd like to report the encumbrance showing "overloaded" when importing characters from GCS, which doesn't seem to appear when importing a character form GCA.
    I've found the issue. The GCS export adds "lb" to the end of the encumbrance weights on the main tab of the character sheet. Remove the "lb" and everything will work. I've made a change within the ruleset itself to factor in this consideration for character imported from GCS. I will upload this soon.

OverloadFix.jpg

Thread Information