DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 78 of 151 First ... 2868767778798088128 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I will only guess as a question, thanks to the video posted by Jaxilon.
    I realized that the dragged items especially the melee weapons feature both fields, and realized that the throw distance is based on the ST, so I would like to know if the damage-related damage field on the main part could:
    1 - Be rolls
    2 - Have a link between weapon damage.
    Not sure I understand your question but everything is just like it has always been as far as what can be rolls and so on. In other words, you drag the field which picks up dice and rolls them, or click on the little dice icon to roll them. This has not changed.

I believe when you say melee weapons "feature both fields" you are referring to 'Damage' and 'Range'? Both of these are based on Character strength. Thus, the same knife used by different characters would have different damage and range unless the characters had identical strength. An item like a bow however is crafted to a specific strength when it is created and as such the amount of damage it does will always be the same as long as the character can fire it. Similar to how if you picked up one of those kids bows with suction cup arrows, you wouldn't be able to shoot it through a car windshield just because you are stronger than a child. No matter how far you pull that kids bow back it's only going to fling the arrow at the maximum strength of it's limbs.

I think what confuses me is "damage-related damage field on the main part" so I hope I've answered the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
    Excellent! I would like to see a separate modifier panel for the ranged/melee panels independent of the weapons—this way I don't run into issues with the dynamic adding/removing of the individual weapons making my mods go away. Probably just stick another "+" next to the edit button(?) (I've also been wanting one for the Defenses panel, but that's a separate-but-related issue.)
    I think you are saying you desire a way to store modifiers for a Character in addition to the weapon?

Would these be based on specific skills, other equipment, or specific maneuvers your character uses?

This gives me an idea of "modular" weapons where you can drag a scope or tripod to the weapon modifier and it would add it to the list. I can see that as being pretty cool and maybe something for the future.

I'm guessing as it is now, you end up dragging items from a table to load up your modifiers, or just type them in manually? And thus when you delete the weapon it smokes everything?
    Last edited by Jaxilon; September 26th, 2019 at 16:02.

Jasilon I will try to be clearer.
    Let's say the character has ST 14, so he would have a Thrust of 1d and a Swing of 2d and let's say the character has axes as a weapon, as we know axes can be weapons that act both melee, ranged and ranged. from what I saw when dragging the item to the character he already calculates the distance the weapon reaches to be thrown, but the damage I don't know if calculated right, so I wonder if I create an item and in his damage field put Swing cut, it would assume the value recorded in my character's Swing field.

Jasilon I will try to be clearer.
    Let's say the character has ST 14, so he would have a Thrust of 1d and a Swing of 2d and let's say the character has axes as a weapon, as we know axes can be weapons that act both melee, ranged and ranged. from what I saw when dragging the item to the character he already calculates the distance the weapon reaches to be thrown, but the damage I don't know if calculated right, so I wonder if I create an item and in his damage field put Swing cut, it would assume the value recorded in my character's Swing field.
    The damage is calculated based on the character's strength. If it is not correct then there is a bug.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; September 26th, 2019 at 17:37. Reason: Correcting english

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I think you are saying you desire a way to store modifiers for a Character in addition to the weapon?

Would these be based on specific skills, other equipment, or specific maneuvers your character uses?

This gives me an idea of "modular" weapons where you can drag a scope or tripod to the weapon modifier and it would add it to the list. I can see that as being pretty cool and maybe something for the future.

I'm guessing as it is now, you end up dragging items from a table to load up your modifiers, or just type them in manually? And thus when you delete the weapon it smokes everything?
    Yes, additional. I was just thinking of typing them in manually like the others, but since you mentioned it, it might not be terrible to be able to drag-and-drop mods—save that one for next project.

I don't know what's going to happen to the modifiers when you add/remove weapons in the current version of things. My guess is that you lose them?
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
    Yes, additional. I was just thinking of typing them in manually like the others, but since you mentioned it, it might not be terrible to be able to drag-and-drop mods—save that one for next project.

I don't know what's going to happen to the modifiers when you add/remove weapons in the current version of things. My guess is that you lose them?
    Yes, when you delete a weapon it will delete it from the combat tabs and that will include the modes and modifiers.

That said however, you could drag your weapon directly to the combat tabs and circumvent this deletion but then there would not be a connection between the item in Inventory and the one on the combat tabs.

If you really wanted to keep things the way they are now you can drag the item to Inventory, equip it, and then delete it from within the combat tabs. Then drag the item again to the combat tabs. This method would always leave the stuff in the combat tabs even if you unequipped or deleted the item from inventory. That breaks the link between Inventory and Combat tabs so I guess it depends how you want to use it.

In other systems if you don't have the item equipped it's not on your combat tabs so it reminds you that you need to take a turn to get it ready. Following the disconnected link idea would mean you have to deal with manually clearing out stuff and/or remembering if it's really readied or not. Pretty much as you have it now. As I did during the video if you drag an item directly to Combat tabs instead of inventory it loads the combat tabs but does NOT update inventory. Only when an item is dragged into Inventory is a link created between that item and the combat tabs data. Hope that is understandable.

For clarity here is the step by step way to keep things they way they are:
    1. Drag an item into inventory.
    2. Equip the item.
    3. go to the combat tabs and delete the item data from there, Melee, Ranged, wherever it is.
    4. Drag the same item directly to the Combat tabs and it will load them up.
    5. From here you can modify the combat tabs to whatever you wanted all day long and the only way to delete them is to manually do it.

That would keep you from loosing things you typed in like a bunch of modifiers if you toss weapons in and out of your inventory on a regular basis.

However, we should talk more so I can better understand your desire and needs on this. There might be a better way.

I hadn't considered losing the modes. I know these days, we all have our own ways of managing attack modes—specifically with firearms—that we'd hate to have to redo every time something changes. But it doesn't happen that often. Have to ponder that…
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

I did a silly thing, but I think it's cool to have a token on the item, but I'm still wondering if I create a tab to add the image of the item, like a handout of it.
    Attachment 29170

I did a silly thing, but I think it's cool to have a token on the item, but I'm still wondering if I create a tab to add the image of the item, like a handout of it.
    Attachment 29170
    I don't know about this but I don't see myself doing it. For one, I don't have images for every item. For two, I don't think I want to add overhead of handling the graphical icons that would be needed.

Anything could happen but I expect we have bigger fish to fry for now.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; September 27th, 2019 at 20:38.

Jaxilon, como eu digo é uma coisa boba ... mas é legal: D

Thread Information