FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 65 of 151 First ... 1555636465666775115 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
    There is a MOTD extension around here somewhere—probably what you want
    Thanks. I'll see what I can dig up on message of the day via search.

For what it is worth, the MOTD is nice, and I'm glad I got it. I finally downloaded the most recent version of the GURPS.PAK file, only to discover while experimenting with it, that I am having some minor issues. To wit: when I import a character that worked in the previous version, all the equipment how shows up as "unidentified item".

Oddly enough, when I start going back to earlier versions of the GURPS.PAK, when I use /importchar command, it happens with the earlier ones as well. I'm going to keep on investigation this until either I get it working again, or figure out what the problem is. I only downloaded the pak file, not the file for exporting the characters from GCA. I even revisited the process of exporting files from GCA to see if that was the case. It isn't.

Will keep you guys informed.

Edit: Almost forgot:

Version of GURPS: 3.2.4
    Version of FG: 3.3.6A
    Last edited by HalC; August 20th, 2018 at 22:24.

A new ruleset and GCA export file update will address the unidentified item issue. Look for it today.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Hi Ronnke,
    As I tried to trouble shoot things from my end, I wound up with more questions than when I started. What I originally tried to do, was scan through the XML files resident in the campaign folder - look for those with the most recent time stamp, and see where the character sheet information is stored. I could not for the life of me find what I was looking for.

What makes matters even more interesting, is that when I attempted to use an established character whose inventory sheet was filled out (I had originally discovered this issue when trying to play around with a new campaign for testing things) - I figured "Better safe than sorry" and copied the campaign folder before opening the original campaign folder. It wiped out all of the inventory information from an established campaign.

The good news (I hope) is that when I made a copy of the original campaign, I can still recover all of that information.

I did note that a copy of the log file is kept within db.session.999999999 file (seems to be no real sequence pattern to how the numbers are named, as it doesn't seem to be date related) - but no character information.

Ah well, Will wait for the update. Thanks for the intent to update information.

Hal

A minor ruleset update is now available to download. This fixes the "Unidentified Item" issue in a PC's inventory.

Download the latest ruleset using the link found in the original post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    A minor ruleset update is now available to download. This fixes the "Unidentified Item" issue in a PC's inventory.

Download the latest ruleset using the link found in the original post of this thread.
    Just checked it out just now. It worked just fine.

So it was something that changed with version 3.3.6A from 3.3.5A with the core ruleset that made all of the difference? Wowsa.

Thanks. Kept hammering away at it just to see what I could discover, and I still can't find out where precisely the character sheet information is stored in the files. On the other hand, maybe the search parameter I was using for the equipment was the problem. I think I need to take a peek at the Character XML files created by the GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTENT to try and figure out what I should be looking for.

Ronnke,

Damn... nice! Thank you, SOOO much for the effort.

Gonna talk to my group tonight, work out a donation.
    Last edited by nbraker; September 2nd, 2018 at 22:51.

Quote Originally Posted by nbraker View Post
    Ronnke,

Damn... nice! Thank you, SOOO much for the effort.

Gonna talk to my group tonight, work out a donation.
    I really appreciate the intention, but there is no need for a donation...Play more GURPS.

Ronnke-
    Just found this, all of your AMAZING work for FG, and deepest respects and thanks for your work!
    I noticed you have GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays listed. I have been tweaking a conversion of SR to GURPS for .. well an embarrassingly number of years. Any chance I could get a look at the stuff you were using for that? I am always interested in another take on it.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmoor1971AD View Post
    Ronnke-
    Just found this, all of your AMAZING work for FG, and deepest respects and thanks for your work!
    I noticed you have GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays listed. I have been tweaking a conversion of SR to GURPS for .. well an embarrassingly number of years. Any chance I could get a look at the stuff you were using for that? I am always interested in another take on it.
    for 4e
    Thanks again for your efforts!
    He just used straight-up GURPS magic and fantasy races—nothing fancy. But there was a conversion that was started (but not finished) for 4e, but it got shut down for copyright violations, I think. Also, there is a datafile for GCA that contains some Shadowrun stuff—gear, specifically—which is helpful.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Thread Information