Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Thanks. I love me too. :P
    Now I know what to get you as incentive for continuing the fine work you've been doing thus far...

A good old fashioned hand mirror - it is hard to love yourself if you can't really KISS yourself properly...

*snickering AND laughing*

A gift for you Ronnke.
    I took the idea of ​​HalC!

Attachment 24360

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    A gift for you Ronnke.
    I took the idea of ​​HalC!

Attachment 24360
    Geez, thanks guys, you didn't have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Geez, thanks guys, you didn't have to do that.
    Well Mate, someone has to. *teasing grin* If not us, who?

Sometimes it gets rough coding stuff and feeling that you're coding for no one. A while back, I wrote some VB.NET coding for use with HARNMANOR - trying to automate it and making it so that it would print out the data for use with HTML and all that fun stuff.

Problem is - there is too much "subjective GM control" over the die rolls and some contradictory stuff. I had to go back to my playtest notes and make some decisions based on those things. Truth is, I never finished it despite having it about 80% done. All I would have needed to do was finish the HTML stuff, and create the database interface and all that fun stuff. But - in the end, it was for no one. I made myself a promise that if anyone were to at least do the basic work with the HTML 5 formatting, that I'd actively finish the project because someone at least cared. Bet you can guess how that ended up, because I never did finish it despite being unemployed these past few months.

So, yes, it matters that people make the effort to thank you and encourage you to keep plugging away. And yes, even if we've never met face to face, we'd at least wish we could and probably would drink ourselves silly and relating the fun stuff of Gaming together or "how we used GURPS FANTASY GROUNDS" to make things a wee bit brighter.

So, maybe someday, we'll get a chance to thank you properly, or better yet, SJGames will see the work you've done and support it.

On that note - seriously, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HalC View Post
    So, maybe someday, we'll get a chance to thank you properly, or better yet, SJGames will see the work you've done and support it.

On that note - seriously, thank you.
    SJG has granted me permission to develop the ruleset, that alone makes it all worthwhile. Being able to share that with the community is a great bonus. The fact that you guys play GURPS with the ruleset, that's the cherry on top.

I appreciate the support.

Ronnke can be sure that we will always support him, be it with words of strength or with help (those who know how to do it of course) either by using the ruleset, or admiring the work and effort of everyone during the weekend streams ( Saturdays) because we do not love your effort but also respect and admire the results achieved by the same, sometimes I put the pitaco and make aesthetic changes, my limit is this .... but if I do it is for being using and for wanting of certain collaborate with something that I believe to be useful.
    Thank you so much for everything you accomplished, accomplish and realize!
    Bruno "Yako2020" Salvadio

Question? I recall seeing where the notifications and copyright declarations reside in the files for Fantasy Grounds. When I saw those, I remember thinking at the time "you know, this is a good place to also put GM notifications for when people first join up with a game session (such as leaving the software running but being away for 10 minutes on a chore/errand kind of thing). By chance, do you recall where this is located? What might make this feature useful is to have a file location that it reads from a text file perhaps, and then post THAT information for those to see when their system first logs in.

Just thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by HalC View Post
    Question? I recall seeing where the notifications and copyright declarations reside in the files for Fantasy Grounds. When I saw those, I remember thinking at the time "you know, this is a good place to also put GM notifications for when people first join up with a game session (such as leaving the software running but being away for 10 minutes on a chore/errand kind of thing). By chance, do you recall where this is located? What might make this feature useful is to have a file location that it reads from a text file perhaps, and then post THAT information for those to see when their system first logs in.

Just thinking...
    There is a MOTD extension around here somewhere—probably what you want
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Thread Information