DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 150 First ... 234561454104 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    You can make the fields so that you can drop positive and negative numbers on them and they'll adjust. SJG can't copyright basic mathematics.
    That's currently available in the latest release.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

I created some languages as a game master, and then I connected to test in the player's view and in the languages part I wrote one of the languages, but I can not select it in the chat to understand or speak in that language, the problem of selecting language is in the Part of the player.

I have a doubt automations such as decreasing ammunition can not be made?
    Another question is that those modifiers of damage, cut, punch, etc. can not be applied automatically to the damage roll, as well as apply the DR of the target in this damage roll?

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I have a doubt automations such as decreasing ammunition can not be made?
    Another question is that those modifiers of damage, cut, punch, etc. can not be applied automatically to the damage roll, as well as apply the DR of the target in this damage roll?
    Counting ammunition would be unreasonably complicated for a small amount of convenience, in my opinion. The entry for a weapon includes maximum rate of fire, but the attacker may choose to use less than the maximum. A whole system of declaring how much of the maximum rate is being used on each individual attack would have to be built, and you'd just be shifting the burden of keeping track of your own ammo to the burden of having to specify in the application how many rounds you want to use, so it can track for you.

About automatic damage application, we discussed this during playtest and it was pointed out that since there is no calculation of DR, the amount of damage applied would only be correct for an unarmored opponent. In addition to that problem, directly applying the damage from the roll would also ignore any advantages that alter or negate the effects of certain damage types. For example, creatures with "Homogenous" do not take extra damage from piercing or cutting attacks.

Also, as Ronnke mentioned, both of these features would count as automation and require special permission from SJG to avoid violating their current policy.

Hello Ronnke,
    I downloaded the file today and am putting it through its paces right now. I did discover a "minor" nit right off the bat purely by accident...

I used the Traveller Add on for FG2, primarily because it was easier to view for my player whose eyes, like mine, are a wee bit older than *cough* 50 years of age. When chatting in the window for chatting, it seems that the Traveller Add on doesn't fit perfectly in the chat box when using your GURPS set up. No biggie to be honest with you. What I did to fix the issue was remove the TRAVELLER add on (skin?) from consideration and it worked JUUUuuuuuust fine.

I grabbed a character import and found myself having to look a bit to find where the character was located, because of the differences between your version and the one I had been using. Once I finally figured it out, SWEET!

I'm old and set in my ways, I'll admit, but thus far, my exploration of the new set up is going smoothly, for which I want to say "Thank you". I almost feel disloyal to the person who originally did the GURPS rules set up - but truth be told, were it not for the original work done on this, I'd have never purchased FG2 in the first place. Your addition gives me some more options to play with, and I want to say to both of you gentlemen "THANK YOU! for both of your work involved in getting GURPS up and running in FG2".

I'm wondering why the Language add on for GURPS didn't show up, but that is likely MY fault rather than anything else. In all... you've helped make a man a little happier in life.

I will have a look at the languages issue and release v3.0.2 in a day or two. I'll give people time to report any other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    I will have a look at the languages issue and release v3.0.2 in a day or two. I'll give people time to report any other issues.
    First off...

YOU have a life outside of the internet.

Secondly...

Don't rush to fix issues - just collect them and pick a different date to work on it. Surely you need a break! (and no - please no.... "Stop calling me Shirley" responses! *snicker*)

Thanks Guy.

Hal

Adding New possible "flaw"

Dodge is equal to movement+3. I'm noticing that the dodge values for characters seem to be 1 higher than they should be for encumbrance values greater than unencumbered. I checked to see if the character had combat reflexes or not, and found that it did not. So, I'm thinking that maybe I missed something here at my end.

Addenda to post: I loaded up a fantasy fighter character who has combat reflexes. The program does take into account the combat reflexes for unencumbered (ie the Dodge value is correct for unencumbered) but is higher by 1, what the dodge values should be for any other encumbrance levels.
    Last edited by HalC; January 11th, 2017 at 16:51.

Quote Originally Posted by HalC View Post
    Adding New possible "flaw"

Dodge is equal to movement+3. I'm noticing that the dodge values for characters seem to be 1 higher than they should be for encumbrance values greater than unencumbered. I checked to see if the character had combat reflexes or not, and found that it did not. So, I'm thinking that maybe I missed something here at my end.
    Your Dodge is calculated based off your basic move, and then is -1 per encumbrance level. It is not calculated on your encumbered move.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    That's currently available in the latest release.
    Doesn't seem to work. I just tried dropping numbers onto the "HP" field in the CT and it ignored them.

You can do a number of calculations directly in the chat window (apply DR manually, and halve or double the result) - now if I could just drop that result onto a "wounds" fields in the CT, that is all that is needed. Addition and subtraction of a field value *cannot* be copyrighted by SJG, especially if it's a field they do not even define.

Incidentally, this is the appropriate code in the C&C ruleset:

Code:
    			<number_ct_crosslink name="wounds">
    				<anchored to="rightanchor" width="30" height="20">
    					<top />
    					<right anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="-10" />
    				</anchored>
    				<hideonvalue value="0" />
    				<tabtarget prev="nonlethal" next="init" />
    				<script>
    					function handleDrop(draginfo)
    						if draginfo.getType() == "number" then
    							local node = window.getDatabaseNode();
    							local rActor = ActorManager.getActorFromCT(node);
    							ActionDamage.applyDamage(nil, rActor, CombatManager.isCTHidden(node), "number", draginfo.getDescription(), draginfo.getNumberData());
    						end
    					end

function update()
    						window.onHealthChanged();
    					end
    				</script>
    			</number_ct_crosslink>

Thread Information