DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 33 of 151 First ... 2331323334354383133 ... Last
    Sounds like you either:
    1) Haven't updated Fantasy Grounds in a long time.
    2) Have Unzipped ruleset files (and perhaps more) in your FG data directories.
    3) Have two installs of Fantasy Grounds on your computer.

This thread for has various checks to carry out and solutions to the most common issues.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Might have something to do with CoreRPG v3.2.2.

Edit: I'm running CoreRPG v3.3.0 which seems to be the version on all three channels. Try updating this (you may have an old unpacked version in your rulesets folder).
    Ok, I found that my password had changed, which interfered with my updating. When I fixed it, updated, it went to 3.3.0. Which is good. So, what ever the issue is, it has to be with my machine, because I'm still having the problem of not being able to see the GURPS Tables modules. I've included a screen shot of the rulesets folder, as well as one with the modules folder.

I remember that we had the issue where I had unzipped the core rules - which caused problems, so I removed it entirely, and the only things in the rulesets folder are the pak files only.

when I download them into my downloads area, duplicate file names get differenced by a (NN) where NN is a number. That's why you see a GURPS (4) and a GURPS (5) as well as GURPS 4e (the GURPS 4e version is 3.0.5) Eventually, I'll clean them out. The "older" paks are the ones I used to create campaigns, but eventually, as mentioned, they will get cleaned out.

I did an experiment. I deleted both the mod files for GURPS_TABLES and GURPS-4e-TABLES, opened up the 3.0.5 version after deleting the files, and found I couldn't see them (as expected). Then I opened up the 3.0.7 version, and could not see them (as expected). Then, I recopied the files back into the mods folder, opened up the 3.0.7 version, did not see the files, closed the program, opened up the 3.0.5 version, and they could see the modules just fine.

Does one of the XML files have a path that specifies where the program is supposed to look for Mods files? Perhaps that is what I need to verify is correct? I did compare the XML files (some of them) between the 3.0.5 campaigns, and the 3.0.7 campaigns, and found that in one file, what used to have only ONE line in it, it now has like five in it. I believe it is the campaign registry xml file that I was looking at:

(for the 3.0.5 version)

["sidebar"] = "charsheet,note,image,table,story,quest,npc,battle ,item,treasureparcel",

(for the 3.0.7 version)
    ["OptREVL"] = "off",
    ["sidebar"] = "charsheet,note,image,table,story,quest,npc,battle ,item,treasureparcel",
    ["OptSHPC"] = "detailed",
    ["OptDDCL"] = "off",

So maybe it is that kind of thing that is making my version hiccup perhaps?

Those Opt things are various settings for options.

So, when you fire up the GURPS ruleset, what versions are reported for CoreRPG?

And you can see / edit the paths to the Fantasy Grounds files (where your modules, rulesets, extensions, etc folders should all be) when you go to the settings window. "Data Directory"
    Last edited by Andraax; June 8th, 2017 at 22:11.

Those Opt things are various settings for options.

So, when you fire up the GURPS ruleset, what versions are reported for CoreRPG?

And you can see / edit the paths to the Fantasy Grounds files (where your modules, rulesets, extensions, etc folders should all be) when you go to the settings window.
    It comes up now as 3.3.0 for the core rpg rules. That stays the same whether I pull up GURPS 3.0.5 or GURPS 3.07.

This is what I'm seeing (only other thing I can suggest is to re-download the GURPS ruleset):

Attachment 19292
    Last edited by Andraax; June 8th, 2017 at 22:29.

This is what I'm seeing (only other thing I can suggest is to re-download the GURPS ruleset):

Attachment 19292
    That is why, in my screen shot of the directory for rules set, you will see GURPS (4) and GURPS (5) as two separate files. Both 4 and 5 are the same file, downloaded at two different times within the same day when it was announced that version 3.0.7 was the latest to fix issues present in 3.0.6 (I never got to download version 3.0.6 actually). So, it happens when I install a new version of the file repeatedly (that is why I had hoped that the solution was something within the file itself, but I'm the odd man out in that my machine is the only one doing it. Your's works fine, as do the others it seems. So - what ever is causing this, seems to be related to either how my machine is set up (perhaps a registry issue) or perhaps I have a file that is corrupted (but why does 3.0.5 always work at being able to see the .mod files?).

That is why I'm wondering if there is an XML entry that has to read a specific way for them to see the mod files related to GURPS. Ah well, it isn't worth spending too much time trouble shooting - as this is unpaid work you're doing here... (I do appreciate your efforts though!!!)

Hal, hit me up on Discord and we can try nut this out there.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    I've added and tested a new effect type:

Effect <number/blank> | <SEC+> *The effect will increment the duration at the end of the Actors turn. ...
    Ronnke, did you push this yet? Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

No, I have not pushed it. I was going to wait until the next release, but I've been delayed with that. So I will push a v3.0.7a, with just that fix.

v3.0.7a is up. It only adds the SEC+ to the effects.

Thread Information