DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 151 First ... 1422232425263474124 ... Last
    Using /importchar gives the same thing I've been seeing all along. /importnpc allows me to import the character from earlier in the thread (but not a PC I made) as an NPC, but I'm trying to import a PC with equipment and everything.

It's also confusing to find the correct files. If I come at it from Fantasy Grounds and follow the links to user created content, I find a GURPS ruleset (GURPS_4e), but further investigation lead me to believe that was old. I didn't find this thread until I did some deeper digging (google keeps sending me to the old spyke.me site and the Steve Jackson forums).

I've created a new, empty campaign using only the GURPS ruleset from the top of this thread.

What am I missing? Is there documentation for this somewhere?
    Last edited by JohnQPublic; March 19th, 2017 at 21:30. Reason: added xml

You didn't use the FG PC export filter to export that character.

Here is what the export dialog should look like to export for FG:
    Attachment 18279

Ok, it's the CUSTOM checkbox that I was missing. Is that documented somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    Ok, it's the CUSTOM checkbox that I was missing. Is that documented somewhere?

Thanks for the help!
    No, this is not documented anyplace official. The export procedure has been covered in the gurps forum some time ago in relation to the old ruleset, and the method is still the same. I guess information is passed sort of by word-of-mouth around here since GURPS is not an officially supported ruleset.

By the way, welcome to Gurps FG! What sort of campaign do you plan on running? I run a low magic fantasy setting set in Mystara.

Thanks for the walk through. I appreciate it and I look forward to the growth of the GURPS system here.

I've been running on Roll20 for the last three years (D&D5e). I recently started a GURPS game over there but it was just blecky...
    I've got 5 people running modern GURPS characters who have slipped into the world populated by their (the GURPS characters') D&D characters. So, high fantasy. I'm using it mostly to try to hook the players into GURPS, I plan to slowly go more gritty and lower magic.

I've created a video tutorial which demonstrates the process of exporting characters from GCA and them importing them into Fantasy Grounds.

https://youtu.be/CHn7jkM0UFQ
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Ronnke I saw your tutorial and like your theme can you share this theme?

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Ronnke I saw your tutorial and like your theme can you share this theme?

I've got a couple more things I want to clean up before I make it available—and I've been kinda swamped, lately
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

cool...Great theme Gigermann, I think was a Ronnie theme

Thread Information