DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 143 of 151 First ... 4393133141142143144145 ... Last
    The system has been separated between visibility and shared; you will now see that there is an Icon to the left of the visibility icon on each layer. That is the shared Icon; uncheck to make the layer only for the GM. Thus all of the old functionality is still present, just in an easier way cleaner way of interacting.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatmough View Post
    The system has been separated between visibility and shared; you will now see that there is an Icon to the left of the visibility icon on each layer. That is the shared Icon; uncheck to make the layer only for the GM. Thus all of the old functionality is still present, just in an easier way cleaner way of interacting.
    Oh I hadn't noticed! So nothing has changed, it's just a matter of different UI. Thanks

Ronnke,

Do you have documentation for the GURPS 4E ruleset regarding module creation for the advantages/disadvantages/skills/powers/etc.? I am trying to wrap my head around how to "automate" drag and drop into the character sheet as well as loading the module for both GM and players in future GURPS campaigns. Is there any reference material, tutorials, or anything of that nature that could help understand how to do this?
    Proud Fantasy Grounds Ultimate Licensee/Game Master with text only games

Active Campaigns

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2E: A World Aflames

Call of Cthulhu: Adventures of Davion Falconia

Campaigns Planned

Aliens RPG: Frag 'em, Mag Reload! (A Colonial Marine Campaign)

Cyberpunk RED: Get Geeked, Corpo! (A Night City Adventure against the Mega Corps)

Fallout 2d20: New Orleans

GURPS: Prism International (Inspired by Rainbow Six)

Quote Originally Posted by t3xx3r View Post
    Ronnke,

Do you have documentation for the GURPS 4E ruleset regarding module creation for the advantages/disadvantages/skills/powers/etc.? I am trying to wrap my head around how to "automate" drag and drop into the character sheet as well as loading the module for both GM and players in future GURPS campaigns. Is there any reference material, tutorials, or anything of that nature that could help understand how to do this?
    I do need to provide an update to it but https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...g-n-drop-items was made to do this. The basics are still the same but I had to make some changes for the latest updates and I haven't shared those yet. Partially because I haven't been able to get back to it and partially because I never got an answer to my last question (which I've since decided to just live with it the way it works for me).

I don't think there is a way yet to mass load up the skills/advantages/etc other than something like what I have there but I will admit I think my portion still needs some love before it's great. There may be other ways to accomplish it but if they are better I would also like to know about them.

Ronnke,

Unfortunately, there is no documentation for the GURPS ruleset side of things. The loading of modules and such is standard across all rulesets for FG, there will be information and/or videos of that in the FG documentation and YouTube channel. As Jaxilon mentioned, he has created an awesome utility to create modules for skills, traits and equipment. This will do a lot of the hard work for you.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Perfect. That makes my job a lot easier as a GM.

I will test out Jaxilon's program as I've watched his two videos regarding using his GURPSMM.

Active Campaigns

Campaigns Planned

Cyberpunk RED: Get Geeked, Corpo! (A Night City Adventure against the Mega Corps)

Where did you find this "XML exporter" for GCA 5 as you've listed in the video on YouTube? I downloaded every single export option for FG and others but none of them show an XML export option.

Active Campaigns

Campaigns Planned

Where did you find this "XML exporter" for GCA 5 as you've listed in the video on YouTube? I downloaded every single export option for FG and others but none of them show an XML export option.
    "Optional packages" when you update GCA5.

GCA 5 XML file exports are not the same as GCA 4 XML file exports. GCA 5 now exports complicated XML code that GURPSMM cannot read. The GURPSMM can only read GCA 4 XML code, as indicated from Jaxilon's video.

Active Campaigns

Campaigns Planned

It seems like he did add the ability to xml export like GCA4 already but I did create an exporter that I used for myself based on WoodmanX's GCA5FAntasyGroundsExporter. I'd share it but I'm uncertain if I can do so because in WoodmanX's plugin he tagged it with copyright to himself. I'll have to see if I can get permission from him I guess.

edit: but I don't see how to get ahold of him.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; August 3rd, 2023 at 15:47.

Thread Information