STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 150 First ... 412131415162464114 ... Last

It's the calculations involving the piercing, cutting, etc modifiers and DR that would infringe, if they're automated.

I know this Andraax, but the simple fact that I go there and roll so let's say 1d + 2 damage and the result subtracting the HP from the target did not break the rules right?
    Now while writing wrote me a question ..
    If we say so I have RD applied before the damage, but the damage type modifiers would not ... would I be infringing any topic of the SJGames rules?

Well, the ruleset already has the ability to add and subtract modifiers (which can handle the DR). And you can right-click on a die roll and either halve or double the result. So, those two can handle nearly all combat results in a semi-automated fashion. If we could just then drag and drop the result onto the HP / FP fields, then that's all that's needed.

And I still can't get the drag and drop to work.... Don't know what I'm doing wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    And I still can't get the drag and drop to work.... Don't know what I'm doing wrong....
    See here: https://youtu.be/QuZ68kswYgI
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Well, the ruleset already has the ability to add and subtract modifiers (which can handle the DR). And you can right-click on a die roll and either halve or double the result. So, those two can handle nearly all combat results in a semi-automated fashion. g....
    If we had a x3 modifier on the dice roll, it would be even better. x3 would also allow you to do x1.5 ( = x 3 / 2 )

You can get 1.5 now by dragging and dropping, then 1/2 and drag and drop again.

Blog Entries
    OT: If SJG are never going to grant you a license then I dont understand why people follow their "no automation" rule. US copyright law clearly states you cant protect mechanics, only the style, flavour, story.

Regardless of whether it's "ok" with SJG, I think GURPS has far too many situational options (if advanced combat is your thing) to automate something like that. At least it wouldn't be something easy to achieve. I have had in mind a "GM Aid" where the appropriate options, modifiers, etc, can be selected and the GM then applies damage from that. That said, it's not like you can't easily work this stuff out in your head, we do it all the time when playing at the table, face to face.

I uploaded a new version of the same v3.0.4 release. It makes minor layout modifications, namely the labels not lining up when editing.
    Last edited by ronnke; January 18th, 2017 at 03:49.

Here are the current export filters. NPCs should work pretty well. If you tell me what you want changed with PCs, I can do that as well.
    If you want to tackle this, then attached is the complete struction of the PC xml. Many thanks!

It is important to note this in the export file. This tells the ruleset that no conversion is required.

<root version="3.2" release="4|CoreRPG:3">

Thread Information