STAR TREK 2d20

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    It's no secret that I'm a supportive GURPS lover with "full" automation here at Fantasy Grounds and that I like to keep making front end changes to many other rule sets, it's also no secret that I keep looking at the forums every day from FG, to see if things left the wish or suggestion list, so I'll ask: Has the project stalled or will we be surprised with any improvement? I'm looking at the wrong place and these changes have already been released and I lost the link. And I take this opportunity to say that GURPS in Foundry is more complete and automated compared to what we have here, I confess I'm not going and I don't want to change platforms, but it would be nice to be able to apply effects, create modifiers, have separate damage by body part, calculate the amount of total damage by type and after having the resistance calculated. I know it's hard work but it's something that would make it a lot easier.
    Damage calculation automation is in development along with some other features. I won't commit to a date, as real life is playing havoc with my time, but it should be out before the end of the year.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by Feroand View Post
    Thanks for answering.
    UPDATE:
    It seems like FG inport system doesn't put up with special characters on the names and descriptions of the things. I have deleted all of the & characters from schools names of the spells, and it could import them without an error. I have deleted & characters from the chategory of pre-made PCs on the basic set, and it worked too.
    This issue only exists when importing with FGU as it requires properly formatted xml files to read, FGC is more forgiving. If you want the special characters included, then you will have to use the xhtml escapes code for them. Eg. & = &

Ideally, the GCS export script should convert all special characters to the xhtml code as part of the export. I'm not familiar with the GCS export script, so I'm not sure how easy that is to implement.

Hi everyone - i've run into an issue with the ruleset, and i'm not quite sure when it started up...

All of the skills for my players generate an "[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_actor_ability.lua"]:209: attempt to call field 'getStat' (a nil value)"

It appears to be triggered specifically when the Type or Pts fields are adjusted in any way, or when skills are dropped in from the abilities list.

It's not specific to Abilities dropped from the list - even when creating a new skill on my existing characters, the problem persists.

It appears to trigger on a new character with a new skill specifically when the Type field is entered or modified.

Would anyone know how to deal with this?
    Last edited by bakakel; October 30th, 2021 at 16:30.

Quote Originally Posted by bakakel View Post
    Would anyone know how to deal with this?
    Are you using FG Unity or Classic? Is it possible for you to export the character displaying this issue and send me the xml file.

Ronnke,

I am not sure if this is related to the previous reported error, but I am having problems importing a PC. Can you please give it a try? Somethign about parsing entity name.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Ronnke,

I am not sure if this is related to the previous reported error, but I am having problems importing a PC. Can you please give it a try? Somethign about parsing entity name.
    I just had a look at your file, and I found the issue

You can easly edit and fix this file, and it will allow you to import this character.

I believe this character was exported using FGClassic, right?
    As people have pointed out, FGClassic is very forgiving with some special characters in xml files, and FGUnity is more strict (which is not a bad idea, but is causing issues here)

Here is what you need to do to fix this issue:

Open your .xml file with an editor. You can use any editor: just locate the file with windows explorer, right click it and choose "edit"
    I believe by default it will open the file in wordpad.

Now, follow these steps:

- press "CTRL+H". This will open the Replace window.
    - in the "Find what", type <space>&<space> (actually press "space" instead of typing <space>... so it will be " & "... without quotation marks... hope it makes sense)
    - in "Replace with", type: &amp;

(So, look in the screenshot I have attached, it will make sense)

gurps export editing.PNG

- Click the "replace all" button...
    - Save the file
    - open your gurps campaign in FGU and try to import

I hope it helps, It worked here, so if you have trouble to repeat this, let me know

Explanation:

the "&" character is a special character used in xml files. When you export something to xml, the program should see when the & is being used in the context of a string of text instead of an xml command, and replace the "&" with "&amp;" but the exporter in FGC is not doing that.

Other people may have similar issues but instead of the & character, if they use some "international" characters, those will also cause issues.
    If that is the case, I would try first editing the character and removing any international characters before exporting.

In FGU, export/import should produce the correct files though...
    Last edited by johniba; November 4th, 2021 at 04:38.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I just had a look at your file, and I found the issue

You can easly edit and fix this file, and it will allow you to import this character.

I believe this character was exported using FGClassic, right?...
    Thanks for your help. I'll take a look at your fix.

It was actually exported using Gurps Character Assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Thanks for your help. I'll take a look at your fix.

It was actually exported using Gurps Character Assistant.
    Ah I see!

Its been a long time since I used it
    Maybe this could be reported to SJG...

Worst case scenario, I think it would be easy to create a program or script to update the exported files before they are to be imported into FG
    Last edited by johniba; November 4th, 2021 at 15:18.

I am trying to test the GCA4 export.

I have just downloaded the latest version for GCA4, but when I create a character and export -> and select: "export xml for Fantasy Grounds II", it doesnt seem to save the export file.
    Am I missing something?

John, if I remember you need 2 files created by Ronnke to Export

Thread Information