STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by RevenantBob View Post
    I meant the source code and work. I can obviously pull things out of the Hak but if I wanted to be able to rebase and such off of the source for mods and such I wanted to know where it was.
    I've only ever renamed the .pak to .zip and accessed the .Lua files there. If there is a better way than that I'm fixing to be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I've only ever renamed the .pak to .zip and accessed the .Lua files there. If there is a better way than that I'm fixing to be enlightened.
    Source control is amazing

Where is the source for this ruleset hosted now? The github looks like it wasn't updated in a long time.
    The github repo is correct. I have been slack and have not pushed some of the recent updates. I'll bring it up to date.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

I meant the source code and work. I can obviously pull things out of the Hak but if I wanted to be able to rebase and such off of the source for mods and such I wanted to know where it was.
    If the mods you plan to make can be of general use to the community, I can set you up as a contributor to the ruleset.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Well, how do you like that? It's just like me to do things the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    If the mods you plan to make can be of general use to the community, I can set you up as a contributor to the ruleset.
    Sure! I'd love to contribute.

It's no secret that I'm a supportive GURPS lover with "full" automation here at Fantasy Grounds and that I like to keep making front end changes to many other rule sets, it's also no secret that I keep looking at the forums every day from FG, to see if things left the wish or suggestion list, so I'll ask: Has the project stalled or will we be surprised with any improvement? I'm looking at the wrong place and these changes have already been released and I lost the link. And I take this opportunity to say that GURPS in Foundry is more complete and automated compared to what we have here, I confess I'm not going and I don't want to change platforms, but it would be nice to be able to apply effects, create modifiers, have separate damage by body part, calculate the amount of total damage by type and after having the resistance calculated. I know it's hard work but it's something that would make it a lot easier.

Hello there and thanks for making this ruleset.

I am considering creating a mod which contains all of the skills, advantages, disadvanteges, spells, etc. for private use. Honestly, I want to share them but... It seems like Steve Jackson Games doesn't like to share such things. I haven't find anyone who did and share this. Also, some people are arguing about copy-rights, etc. I don't want to make trouble.

Since it takes too many hours to copy/paste the things from PDFs into FGU, I want to be sure that it can be usable in the long-run. What I mean is, do you planning any major changes on the ruleset which may corrupt the module datas I might create? Am I planning something un-useful or stupid? And, do you have any suggestions?

I want to do this because almost all of my players don't want to make endeavor while creating player characters. Drag-drop mechanics is soo powerful that they cannot give up the comfort they find in FGU version of D&D ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Feroand View Post
    Hello there and thanks for making this ruleset.

I am considering creating a mod which contains all of the skills, advantages, disadvanteges, spells, etc. for private use. Honestly, I want to share them but... It seems like Steve Jackson Games doesn't like to share such things. I haven't find anyone who did and share this. Also, some people are arguing about copy-rights, etc. I don't want to make trouble.

Since it takes too many hours to copy/paste the things from PDFs into FGU, I want to be sure that it can be usable in the long-run. What I mean is, do you planning any major changes on the ruleset which may corrupt the module datas I might create? Am I planning something un-useful or stupid? And, do you have any suggestions?

I want to do this because almost all of my players don't want to make endeavor while creating player characters. Drag-drop mechanics is soo powerful that they cannot give up the comfort they find in FGU version of D&D ruleset.
    You can make characters in GCS and import them into FG ruleset. It has a few issues that you have to manually fix, but it works! That has full drag and drop, with references, modifiers and more.

I don't SJ Games care about all the skill names and advantages names being in FG (I'm not going to test it either way), but I think they want the substance and content of their books to be in the book so that they are paid for people playing and using the game. Sounds like you want all the text from the books in FG as well, and that's definitely copying the text, which infringes on copyrights.
    Last edited by RevenantBob; October 5th, 2021 at 02:28.

You can make characters in GCS and import them into FG ruleset. It has a few issues that you have to manually fix, but it works! That has full drag and drop, with references, modifiers and more.

I don't SJ Games care about all the skill names and advantages names being in FG (I'm not going to test it either way), but I think they want the substance and content of their books to be in the book so that they are paid for people playing and using the game. Sounds like you want all the text from the books in FG as well, and that's definitely copying the text, which infringes on copyrights.
    Thanks for answering.
    GCS is an outstanding tool, indeed. Unfortunately, I am having some problems with it. Most of the times, while I try to import those files in FGU, it says "Import: An error occured while parsing EntityName. Line xxxxx, position yyyy" as an error. The numbers change from time to time. For example, they are "Line 130, position 41" right now.

I am using linux, I do not know if it is happening because of that. PS: I am not a good linux user and lack of terminal skills

I deleted some of the things that I add on my GCS character. When I delete all of the spells, importing process worked without an issue. Advantages, skills, etc. doesn't have any affects on that.

I deleted the character and try to export/import the ones on the Basic Sets. Despite their being without a spell, they couldn't be imported either.
    İt can be imported as a NPC, though.

So, I couldn't find what causes the problem.

Also, I do not know if it was caused by Fantasy Grounds Unity GURPS 4e ruleset or GCS. I have tried to inform the person who created GCS on the Discord, though.

UPDATE:
    It seems like FG inport system doesn't put up with special characters on the names and descriptions of the things. I have deleted all of the & characters from schools names of the spells, and it could import them without an error. I have deleted & characters from the chategory of pre-made PCs on the basic set, and it worked too.
    Last edited by Feroand; October 8th, 2021 at 10:12. Reason: reposting with quote

Thread Information